The demise of popside.com

scross

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forums are like pubs, plenty around and they all serve the purpose. With the internet you don't need a taxi home so you have the free choice (unless you're banned) to enter which one you feel suits what you are looking for.

Imagine only having 1 pub *shudders*

Each has their own unique way of doing things, that is far better than carbon copies, just pick what you like. 

Members on The Popside may knock this place for being full of puns, I couldn't even throw anything back as it's locked down unless you register, I will never register to any site not knowing what's on the inside, maybe that's just me. Derby Mad members are not even allowed to mention the name of this forum where I will link you to theirs http://boards.footymad.net/derbycounty-mad/, Come on you Rams has more boards than an Australian surf shop, I prefer the minimal amount, less scrolling.

Also he word "clique" gets thrown around as some kind of dig, the truth is if you don't have a clique you don't have a community. If you're online for a period of time you will develop little forum inside jokes by the regular members, humour that may not translate well to new members.

Would you rather a sterile environment like the DET comment section.

Anyhow sticks and stones and all that, just remember who's number 1 in Google :p

Spot on mate. I post and read on here and I also post and read on popside. I bounce between the two as I want to read different posters thoughts from both forums on the same topic.

For me both forums are easy to navigate, bug and advert free or none intrusive and moderated in a friendly and minimal way without agenda.

I have roughly the same amount of posts on both forums and both forums have regular posters, respected posters, posters whose opinion they shove down your throat, posters who I have on ignore, in jokes, long standing jokes, reference back to previous posters fall out and rows.

I enjoy both.

Now derbymad, there's another thing altogether. Dreadful mb, moderated by a cretin.

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Mr Mature :whistle:

Disappointed that little hand grenade I threw didnt get more of a bite tbh!!!  :D

Just playing devils advocate really as I read both forums (But no others) but rarely have time to post on either. Maybe cos of all the time spent wading through all the puns to find out the actual News  :D;)

If you see one page full off puns, safe to say there's no news. 

When the big update comes there will be a new feature which is recommended replies. After the first post in the topic myself and the mods will be able to pin a reply to show under it.

Will be using this in Transfer Talk to pin the latest from a media outlet so you can quickly see without trawling through pages of opinions or puns

14 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

Disappointed that little hand grenade I threw didnt get more of a bite tbh!!!  :D

Just playing devils advocate really as I read both forums (But no others) but rarely have time to post on either. Maybe cos of all the time spent wading through all the puns to find out the actual News  :D;)

I have more time on my hands than you! Isn't off-season boring! Fancy a RPG reunion??

Archived