Pub recommendations

admira

Tomorrow I start a 45 mile charity walk in Derbyshire in memory of my Mum who died suddenly last year.

We are starting in Ilam and ending up in Hathersage via Hartington, Ravenstor and Castleton.

Can anyone recommend any decent boozers in those areas please as I'm gonna be gasping for a pint at the end of each day?

Full details if anyone is interested are on the link below:

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/whitepeak2017

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, admira said:

Tomorrow I start a 45 mile charity walk in Derbyshire in memory of my Mum who did suddenly last year.

We are starting in Ilam and ending up in Hathersage via Hartington, Ravenstor and Castleton.

Can anyone recommend any decent boozers in those areas please as I'm gonna be gasping for a pint at the end of each day?

Good luck 

Did the Community Forest Path walk round Bristol in October in a day and am doing it again next Thursday.

It's also 45 miles so I know what you're up against!

Stay safe 

On 10/05/2017 at 10:09, admira said:

Tomorrow I start a 45 mile charity walk in Derbyshire in memory of my Mum who died suddenly last year.

Sorted that for you, hope you enjoy the walk and raise some dosh for your charity ?

Ye Olde Gate Inn or The Miners in Brassington ? 

The Red Lion in Litton ? 

Barley Mow in Kirk Ireton ? 

I don't know which direction you're heading .. 

As others have said .. 

Good luck and great cause 

Cheers everyone. We did 58 miles in the end (pretty good seeing as my Step Dad was one of the party and he is 71 this year). Fairly gruelling at times and the shin splints are playing up today!  Worth it though as we raised over £2,000 with gift aid

These were the pubs we visited (strictly for refreshment purposes) and there were some crackers:

The Royal Oak, Wetton

The Devonshire Arms and Charles Cotton, Hartington

The Quiet Woman, Earl Sterndale (my personal favourite. You can't knock a landlord who sports a flat cap, looks like Albert Tatlock and proudly displays a 'We are in the good pub guide 1977' sign.

The Anglers Rest, Millers Dale

The Devonshire Arms, Peak Forest

The Castle, Ye Old Nags Head, Cheshire Cheese, Castleton

The Little John, Hathersage

Archived