Hughes to Bournemouth

StarterForTen

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Will Hughes wanted by Bournemouth as replacement for Jack Wilshere. Will be in the papers next week. £14m including all the add ons; £9.5m upfront. 

Now I'm gonna sound a bit silly here. I know Bmouth are close to securing a third successive season in the Prem and are becoming what you would call 'established'. But if we're gonna sell Will, I want it to be to an actual, decent established team (think Everton, Soton etc) If we're gonna sell him to a Bmouth or a Burnley, who have every chance of being in the bottom 3 next season, and being down in second tier again soon, it needs to be a big fee. (I'm probably just being arrogant, and protective of our prized players)

£14m is more than expected, and would probably take it...

7 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Would imagine that would just be a figure to test the water, we'll probably have a much higher figure in mind then meet somewhere in the middle

I wouldn't sell. Full-stop. We need all the quality to get to the Prem. Massive season next year and under Rowett I think Hughes will have his best season yet. With a rejuvenated Bryson in the team, with CM back, I think Hughes can kick on and chip in with a dozen goals from midfield. I was ok with selling Hendrick, but have to say we missed his power. 

Archived