Ched Evans

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
26 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Blades after resigning him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him score a load in the championship.

Its a brave move, but he has afterall been proven not guilty, had to spend time inside for something he didnt do.

Its interesting reading comments on twitter, a lot of people are against it still using the 'hes proven not guilty not innocent' argument, i think thats a terrible approach, everyone who is tried in court is guilty or not guilty, so if you take that stance you may aswell say everyone who has a not guilty verdict has a question of doubt hanging over them.

However on the other hand some are calling for Jessica Ennis to apologise, and i dont see why she should because at the time she took the stance she did he had a verdit of guilty against him.

I personally think good luck to him, he doesnt strike me as a likeable person, and what he did was a terrible way to behave, i find it amazing his girlfriend stood by him, even if she didnt believe he was gulilty he never denied cheating, funny what having money in the bank does, but still he has the right to have a career.

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its a brave move, but he has afterall been proven not guilty, had to spend time inside for something he didnt do.

Its interesting reading comments on twitter, a lot of people are against it still using the 'hes proven not guilty not innocent' argument, i think thats a terrible approach, everyone who is tried in court is guilty or not guilty, so if you take that stance you may aswell say everyone who has a not guilty verdict has a question of doubt hanging over them.

However on the other hand some are calling for Jessica Ennis to apologise, and i dont see why she should because at the time she took the stance she did he had a verdit of guilty against him.

I personally think good luck to him, he doesnt strike me as a likeable person, and what he did was a terrible way to behave, i find it amazing his girlfriend stood by him, even if she didnt believe he was gulilty he never denied cheating, funny what having money in the bank does, but still he has the right to have a career.

can't imagine why she stuck with her footballer boyfriend ££££££££££££££

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Agreed.

The people attacking Ennis and others who were against him returning to football when he had been found Guilty are ***** who need to give their head a shake. No-one should have to apologise for a completely reasonable stance. She didn't attack the bloke or insult him etc.

Now he's been found Not Guilty, no-one should stand in his way of furthering his football career. Good luck to him.

Sith Happens
Just now, IlsonDerby said:

A bit like Adam Johnsons, although looks like shes ditched him now for another ex con footballer

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

She stuck with him through jailtime where it was very reasonable to assume he would never get back into football, after a very short career. He wasn't really rolling in it.

EDIT: In fact, he'd struggle to get a good job in any field as a convicted rapist.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

She stuck with him through jailtime where it was very reasonable to assume he would never get back into football, after a very short career. He wasn't really rolling in it.

EDIT: In fact, he'd struggle to get a good job in any field as a convicted rapist.

He was young enough to have always had a chance again and was good enough to get another club. If Hughes managed to get another club after what he did Evans was always going to be fine

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

He was young enough to have always had a chance again and was good enough to get another club. If Hughes managed to get another club after what he did Evans was always going to be fine

Really? Cos he tried really hard after getting out and didn't get a sniff for 2 years. Didn't get a contract with Chesterfield until the verdict was quashed and the retrial was announced. 

Times changed between Hughes and Evans.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Really? Cos he tried really hard after getting out and didn't get a sniff for 2 years. Didn't get a contract with Chesterfield until the verdict was quashed and the retrial was announced. 

He got a club straight away until the fans signed a petition, I think it may have been Oldham but don't quote me on it. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

He got a club straight away until the fans signed a petition, I think it may have been Oldham but don't quote me on it. 

I think that would have continued to happen. Hence why he stopped trying until the retrial announcement.

Evans was trying to get a club in an incredibly different climate to Hughes, despite there only being a decade between them.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I think that would have continued to happen. Hence why he stopped trying until the retrial announcement.

Evans was trying to get a club in an incredibly different climate to Hughes, despite there only being a decade between them.

Fair enough. There'd have been someone eventually though Nd he'd have worked his way up again

PistoldPete2

I am not sure he will be good enough now for the championship but having said that he's bound to score against us!

of course there's no other reason why sheff u shouldn't sign him if they want to.

i guess it's ironic given all the fuss at the time . Actually I do think the opponents at the time should eat humble pie. Except Jessica Ennis,but only because she's Jessica ennis.

sponsors etc claimed to make a moral stance..in reality it was purely motivated by greed.. Worries about bad publicity.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

The thing that annoyed me at the time is that none of these patrons etcetera said boo to a goose when they signed Marlon King! He was at the club still when Ched Evans was training with them!

40 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

sponsors etc claimed to make a moral stance..in reality it was purely motivated by greed.. Worries about bad publicity.

Of course it's motivated by greed. You think they give sponsorships out of a sense of moral duty? Santander didn't recruit Jess Ennis or Rory Mcilroy for their acting skills - I saw the adverts.

6 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Don't tar everyone with the same brush. She comes from money, she doesn't need his money. Whatever reason she did stay with him (and god knows why you would) money wasn't it 

PistoldPete2

Only thing that makes me uncomfortable about this is that it gives sheff u fans what they want...after they hounded the lady and made her change her name.  She had done nothing wrong, she hadn't even claimed she was raped. It was the police and prosecutors who messed up, along with the courts. 

But on balance I think there is a poetic justice for evans if he ends up at sheff u after all. Like others have said, not sure he would be any good at this level, but I said the same about burton. 

Sith Happens
38 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Only thing that makes me uncomfortable about this is that it gives sheff u fans what they want...after they hounded the lady and made her change her name.  She had done nothing wrong, she hadn't even claimed she was raped. It was the police and prosecutors who messed up, along with the courts. 

But on balance I think there is a poetic justice for evans if he ends up at sheff u after all. Like others have said, not sure he would be any good at this level, but I said the same about burton. 

Im sure the vast majority of Sheff Utd fans did nothing of the sort, sadly a small portion of them make the rest of them look bad. Probably notr even proper Sheff Utd fans just those who get a buzz out of being internet bullies using it as a reason to do so.

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Don't tar everyone with the same brush. She comes from money, she doesn't need his money. Whatever reason she did stay with him (and god knows why you would) money wasn't it 

Agreed. She's plenty rich enough already. In fact, without her family's money for a costly legal campaign it's likely Evans would still be considered guilty.

Archived