Organisations/Trades/Processes which are a pain in the harris.

sage

A bit different to the random thread. Not trivial or random things.

This is for people who really fook up your day.

For starters Car Hire Companies at airports. You get the occasional smooth transaction but usually it's trying to sell you extra insurance, often ny failing to accept a perfectly valid credit card, having a different cae to what you booked and never ever do they give you a map. Even a photocopy showing main roads. Obviously they have to try and sell you a satnav.

Then when you take it back you have to hand it back exactly full (when there is no petrol station within 10 miles of the airport on the route you use) or they charge you £40 and a price per litre only marginally lower than Glenfiddich. 

They annoy me slightly. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Organisations such as Sky. You can upgrade, downgrade your subscription online, but want to cancel and you have to speak to someone whos aim is to stop you cancelling.

Sith Happens

Builders, plumbers, roofers etc....always seem to somehow find something else that has to be done when carrying out a quoted for job.

Buy your excess protection insurance on line prior to going - save at least £50

take a satnav 

Then do what i did......

totally smash up the hire car by driving into the path of an on coming frenchman.

Sith Happens
Just now, RamNut said:

Buy your excess protection insurance on line prior to going - save at least £50

take a satnav 

Then do what i did......

totally smash up the hire car by driving into the path of an on coming frenchman.

Made of tough stuff those Frenchmen.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Made of tough stuff those Frenchmen.

His van wasn't. It folded up like a coke can. Total write off.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Organisations such as Sky. You can upgrade, downgrade your subscription online, but want to cancel and you have to speak to someone whos aim is to stop you cancelling.

Also, if you add something to your subscription (in my experience) it's there before you've put the phone down but wish to remove anything, you have to give 30 days notice. 

A bit like building societies with interest rates, rise immediately fall and it's next month. Basturts.

Any company that uses call centres in India with reps that can barely speak English. Ridiculous. 

Sky, in 2017 charging you extra for HD channels when it should be standard now.

All mobile networks, again in 2017 raking in the profits yet basic 3G signal is poor in so many areas. We're a small country, no reason why we shouldn't have great coverage all over by now.

Any courier company that doesn't give you an hour slot for delivery and expect you to stay in between 7am and 9pm.

Stagecoach, I live on a fairly new housing estate, coupe miles walk to the main road. They ran a trial bus service without putting up any bus stops or letting us know where to catch it from between 10am and 2pm, as it wasn't used enough they cut the trial.

Electricians - robbing cnuts

17 minutes ago, sage said:

A bit different to the random thread. Not trivial or random things.

This is for people who really fook up your day.

For starters Car Hire Companies at airports. You get the occasional smooth transaction but usually it's trying to sell you extra insurance, often ny failing to accept a perfectly valid credit card, having a different cae to what you booked and never ever do they give you a map. Even a photocopy showing main roads. Obviously they have to try and sell you a satnav.

Then when you take it back you have to hand it back exactly full (when there is no petrol station within 10 miles of the airport on the route you use) or they charge you £40 and a price per litre only marginally lower than Glenfiddich. 

They annoy me slightly. 

Bad day :ph34r:

Solicitors, Insolvency Practitioners and Agents, all have the morals of a big fat rat.

Sith Happens
14 minutes ago, David said:

Any company that uses call centres in India with reps that can barely speak English. Ridiculous. 

Sky, in 2017 charging you extra for HD channels when it should be standard now.

All mobile networks, again in 2017 raking in the profits yet basic 3G signal is poor in so many areas. We're a small country, no reason why we shouldn't have great coverage all over by now.

Any courier company that doesn't give you an hour slot for delivery and expect you to stay in between 7am and 9pm.

Stagecoach, I live on a fairly new housing estate, coupe miles walk to the main road. They ran a trial bus service without putting up any bus stops or letting us know where to catch it from between 10am and 2pm, as it wasn't used enough they cut the trial.

Electricians - robbing cnuts

I don't get the courier one. Surely it would be more efficient to give a time rather than having to try redelivery. 

Or even worse those couriers that think a safe place for delivery is a refuse bin.

Sith Happens

Morrison's home delivery who think frozen sliced cabbage is a suitable alternative to fresh spring greens, or unable to locate a suitable alternative to a certain type of apples.

25 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Some blokes doing our floors. Turned up over 2 hours late. Still here. Total waste of an evening. 

Which I could afford to have someone come round and do my hoovering 

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Builders, plumbers, roofers etc....always seem to somehow find something else that has to be done when carrying out a quoted for job.

theyre all the same.. you can always rely on them to let them down,

Archived