Arsenal fans.

Coneheadjohn

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Xhaka was thought to be a brilliant signing by some on here. For whatever reason he only seems to play about 20 mins before being carded. 

Xhaka has the talent no doubt but Wenger is playing him in the wrong role. It's like asking George Thorne to be your box to box. Xhaka's best qualities is his work with the ball, not to run around expecting him to be an Aaron Ramsey type player. They need Cazorla back asap. A midfield of

Xhaka

Ramsey     Cazorla

would probably be their most balanced midfield with Ozil and Sanchez up ahead either side of giroud/welbeck

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, McLovin said:

Xhaka has the talent no doubt but Wenger is playing him in the wrong role. It's like asking George Thorne to be your box to box. Xhaka's best qualities is his work with the ball, not to run around expecting him to be an Aaron Ramsey type player. They need Cazorla back asap. A midfield of

Xhaka

Ramsey     Cazorla

would probably be their most balanced midfield with Ozil and Sanchez up ahead either side of giroud/welbeck

I appreciate its just your opinion but its coming across that you seriously think you know more about Arsenal players than Arsen Wenger. You don't really think that do you?

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I appreciate its just your opinion but its coming across that you seriously think you know more about Arsenal players than Arsen Wenger. You don't really think that do you?

Of course I don't know more than Wenger but I imagine that Arsenal signed him for his good performances in a deeper role for Gladbach and Switzerland. Logic would say give him a go there consistently. Of course it hasn't helped that cazorla and Ramsey have been injured but Wenger is very stubborn. Their best performance in a long time came a few years back away at Man City when they won 2-0 with a 3 man midfield of coquelin, Ramsey and cazorla and Wenger has refused to go back to that formation ever since. Every elite team needs a holding midfielder(xhaka) a runner(Ramsey) and a creator(cazorla). Go through every elite team in world football and they will have a similar balance. Bayern have also been linked with xhaka to replace the retiring xabi Alonso in the holding role for them. Ancelotti would get the best out of him because he knows where is best position is, in a xabi Alonso esc role.

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

For a couple of seasons at least, AW leaving Arsenal will more than likely result in a parallel of Fergie leaving United.

Hope so

39 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

For a couple of seasons at least, AW leaving Arsenal will more than likely result in a parallel of Fergie leaving United.

It really depends of who they get to replace Wenger(providing he does go). Get someone like allegri in and Arsenal will shoot up the table like Chelsea have under conte. For me, allegri is a better manager than conte too which is backed up by juve's performances in the champions league under allegri. Alternatively, if they can get Thomas tuchel then I can also see them consistently fighting for the title because he will get the maximum out of their midfield and attacking players. It's really not the same as Ferguson leaving Utd because Man Utd had just won the league with a pretty average team, whilst arsenal have all the foundations in place. There will also be not as much pressure if they get a new man, can it really get worse than losing 10-2 to Bayern? Long term it might actually be better for Arsenal to sell Sanchez and ozil this summer. Sanchez has another 1-2 seasons max before his performances will start to take a dip due to the way he plays unless he adapts which I doubt it, while Ozil looks disinterested. There's a reason why all these Arsenal players are coming out and are saying they want Wenger to stay, it's because they are in their comfort zones.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It really depends of who they get to replace Wenger(providing he does go). Get someone like allegri in and Arsenal will shoot up the table like Chelsea have under conte. For me, allegri is a better manager than conte too which is backed up by juve's performances in the champions league under allegri. Alternatively, if they can get Thomas tuchel then I can also see them consistently fighting for the title because he will get the maximum out of their midfield and attacking players. It's really not the same as Ferguson leaving Utd because Man Utd had just won the league with a pretty average team, whilst arsenal have all the foundations in place. There will also be not as much pressure if they get a new man, can it really get worse than losing 10-2 to Bayern? Long term it might actually be better for Arsenal to sell Sanchez and ozil this summer. Sanchez has another 1-2 seasons max before his performances will start to take a dip due to the way he plays unless he adapts which I doubt it, while Ozil looks disinterested. There's a reason why all these Arsenal players are coming out and are saying they want Wenger to stay, it's because they are in their comfort zones.

It won't be that simple. Everything at Arsenal is geared towards The Wenger Way. Highly unlikely they will find a manager who works in anything like a similar way.

When a manager leaves a club, it's usually a discussion around an overhaul on the pitch. When long-term managers leave, it's more a case of an overhaul off the pitch first

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Why? Conte has moved Chelsea forward in his first season in charge so whether Arsenal do a 'Man U' or a 'Chelsea' will depend on who they replace Wenger with - assuming he leaves either at the end of this season or whenever.

Uniteds' mistake was to bring in Moyes then Van Gaal, neither of whom utilised the existing players in the best style and formation - much like Pearson tried with us.

8 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Why? Conte has moved Chelsea forward in his first season in charge so whether Arsenal do a 'Man U' or a 'Chelsea' will depend on who they replace Wenger with - assuming he leaves either at the end of this season or whenever.

Uniteds' mistake was to bring in Moyes then Van Gaal, neither of whom utilised the existing players in the best style and formation - much like Pearson tried with us.

Wasn't replacing a manager of 20+ years. See the post above yours

I had to smile a couple of weeks ago when the Wenger out brigade hired a plane with a Wenger out banner trailing.

Closely followed by a plane hired by the keep Wenger lot trailing a banner supporting Wenger.

I had visions of some WW1 type dogfight over the Emirates.

13 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I always hate this argument.

Managers do stupid things and can be stubborn about it. Sometimes managers are more bothered about their own ideas than round pegs in round holes. 

10 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I had to smile a couple of weeks ago when the Wenger out brigade hired a plane with a Wenger out banner trailing.

Closely followed by a plane hired by the keep Wenger lot trailing a banner supporting Wenger.

I had visions of some WW1 type dogfight over the Emirates.

I presume the "Wenger out" plane was organized by mischievous Spurs fans. Like me banging on to Fawaz that he had to hire club legend Stuart Pearce as manager!

5 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Perhaps. Probably even, given football "supporters" are that stupid. But there's no evidence in your link. Just an assumption from Eurosport. It would have been reported exactly the same way had it been Spurs fans.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Perhaps. Probably even, given football "supporters" are that stupid. But there's no evidence in your link. Just an assumption from Eurosport. It would have been reported exactly the same way had it been Spurs fans.

Very true.But when does anyone need evidence these days.

When I was searching for the article I found another saying they were going to put a banner on the side of a van and drive it round.

That's more believable.

Archived