Vydra

Jimbo Ram

9 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Can only play with a hold up man but we let Martin go. Someone tried to tell me Wilson was the hold man replacement for Martin on here. What can you say to that. Not sure who plans this stuff at the club, recruitment has just been terrible here for a while.

How dare you slander the good name of Mo Camara 

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well that's your opinion, I think there was something there that needs to be given a chance to be properly assessed, after all we've ****** the season, it's gotta be worth a go

Potentially. However, I believe straying too much away from what we know is effectively making this season a mid table write off.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Potentially. However, I believe straying too much away from what we know is effectively making this season a mid table write off.

Sadly I feel this is already a mid table write off, we didn't improve enough in transfer windows to compete and I believe that it's now the time to start to evolve our team and move away from our predictable system

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sadly I feel this is already a mid table write off, we didn't improve enough in transfer windows to compete and I believe that it's now the time to start to evolve our team and move away from our predictable system

See, part of me believes that, however I don't totally believe a season is over. Many things will change between now and the end of the season, who knows!

3 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Just watched vydra on YouTube as its been so long since seeing him and believe he should be given a chance if you can't get some return from 8m for a player of his quality then there is something wrong with your managerial skills . 

YouTube clips are notoriously misleading. You could make Claude Davis look good from YouTube highlights. 

8 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Just watched vydra on YouTube as its been so long since seeing him and believe he should be given a chance if you can't get some return from 8m for a player of his quality then there is something wrong with your managerial skills . 

That's a lot of managers then with no skill. Look at his career.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

YouTube clips are notoriously misleading. You could make Claude Davis look good from YouTube highlights. 

I know this but needed a reminder is all and someone doesn't score all those goals like he did for Watford 14/15 just because the system suited him. I remember him ripping us a new one at pp maybe we just need to carefully rebuild his confidence instead of getting rid at a loss.

10 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Indeed, vydra has been the best player in this division in the past- to just give up on him without trying to integrate him into a system that suits him is obscene in my eyes. Strikes me as stubbornness from mcclaren, a system built around chris Martin is not the only way to win football games, that sort of mentality has cost us before

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Indeed, vydra has been the best player in this division in the past- to just give up on him without trying to integrate him into a system that suits him is obscene in my eyes. Strikes me as stubbornness from mcclaren, a system built around chris Martin is not the only way to win football games, that sort of mentality has cost us before

Yeah cos he was great under Pearson! I'm positive Mac would put him in if it worked, ffs he tried Blackman too! You're just looking for excuses for a players poor performances. The obvious one you refuse to acknowledge is he hasn't been very good and hasn't shown anything in training either.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah cos he was great under Pearson! I'm positive Mac would put him in if it worked, ffs he tried Blackman too! You're just looking for excuses for a players poor performances. The obvious one you refuse to acknowledge is he hasn't been very good and hasn't shown anything in training either.

Lionel messi wouldn't have played well up front under Pearson, imo all strike performances of any player under Pearson shouldn't be used in a comparison. I don't buy the fact that he's just a poor player, he needs a proper run of games to integrate into the style of play- and it may take a slight adaptation in our system to do that, but is that really a bad thing after recent results? There's very little a player like vydra can do when he's either not getting enough midfield service, or has a hold up man with him to compensate imo. 

Archived