Rowett's Derby Side

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, valleyram said:

U won't be far away with that team 

It's hard to see him not liking both Anya and Russell too but we've got fifteen thousand wingers so something has to give. Also curious where he sees Johnson.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Guile? Please expand.

I mean there's enough decent passers with vision and trickery in that 5 that if we can get communicating and moving for each other they could cut teams open with clever football ,, 

people saying that it's purely defensive side looking for a draw ????  Hell no ,,, yes we can pack the midfield and have the numbers if there's periods of the game we need to do that but I can assure you if I was picking that team I would be sending them out there to go for the throat , I would want them jumping all over forest ,pressing high , pushing up as a team and playing in their half rather than have an isolated striker desperately trying to keep position til our midfield caught up ,,,no I would send that team out there with the mentality to attack and take the game to them 

18 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

2012/13  all over again then?

The playing squad looked a lot healthier in 2012/13.

Much lower wage bill, younger players, more motivated and more round pegs in round holes in regards to a system.

While we're not quite at the level which Jewell left us in, quality wise, we're not far off in terms of needing to ship out a bunch of overpaid, unmotivated, average players.

Carson, Baird, Keogh, Pearce, Olssonn, picks itself unless Max Lowe is fit.

Johnson

Hughes Bryson

Ince Nugent Russell

Just expect it to be a harder working version, with Ince and JR making it 4-5-1 for large chunks, Ince Bryson and Russell all linking with Nugent in our breaks.

Forest to have the main tactics of "kick will hughes hard and often"

I don't expect much to be honest, harder work and at least knowing they tried (new manager effect).

I'm more interested in who he lines up after the international break.

I think don't think we will see much change in team, initially as Rowett gets to know the players he has. He will set up so we don't easily concede  (especially for Saturday) and play on the break (similar to his Birmingham sides).

He will give himself time before the end of season to thoroughly assessed those who have and those who haven't got a long-term future at the club. I don't believe he has any preconceived ideas (unlike supporters) as to who should be discarded in the Summer. 

I believe there will be a significant change in both personnel, the way we set-up and the style we play as a team come the start of next season.

I think there will be plenty of surprises to come.

Archived