Warburton to Forest

irobinson

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warburton did a great job at Brentford, but it was well-documented that their impressive signings weren't down to him but instead their recruitment team - something Warburton complained about.

He then went to Rangers where he won the Championship, but really struggled in the SPL with a number of his signings turning out to be bombs. He bought in a bunch of ageing players. No idea why.

It appears he is good at coaching, but I'm not convinced of his ability to actually find top young players. 

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Copy and paste this into any McClaren thread?

I thought Thorne, Bamford and Wisdom were decent loan signings. Christie for the price we paid wasn't too bad either.

I can't think of any terrible perm signings under McClaren. I get that Shotton wasn't great, but he was only brought in as back-up while Albentosa wasn't really dealt with well here.

Clough's signings were largely very good considering the budget.

The summer of 2015 and since then is when it started to go downhill on the transfer front.

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Warburton did a great job at Brentford, but it was well-documented that their impressive signings weren't down to him but instead their recruitment team - something Warburton complained about.

He then went to Rangers where he won the Championship, but really struggled in the SPL with a number of his signings turning out to be bombs. He bought in a bunch of ageing players. No idea why.

It appears he is good at coaching, but I'm not convinced of his ability to actually find top young players. 

His signings and results at Glasgow this season has killed a lot of his credibility, should be clear 2nd with the budget (Celtic different level now). Also the way he departed has not done him or his staff any favours.

Archived