Forum Introductions

davenportram

Hi all,

Thought I would finally set-up an account rather than just lurking during the seasons. Husbands family is from Derby and he has dragged me in good and proper. Good luck to the boys this year. COYR

Welcome fellow Ram! I live in the States and use Rams Player to follow the Rams along with this forum of course.I hope to get to Derby for a few games this season.COYR!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been so preoccupied with the riveting banter that I hadn't found this thread until now. Five minutes until Matron does her rounds so just enough time to say hello. From Mickleover but now down south in West Herts - you may have seen the love in from me and jcidaho when we both realised we lived in Tring on the ' where do we come from' thread.

And yes, i do know Graham Poll.

Cheers

Graham Poll "the thing from Tring".

We were both sales managers working out of Aylesbury - he managed the South and I had the North. Followed his career from the conference league right up to the infamous World Cup! Nice guy apart from being a QPR fan.... Still mates though.

We were both sales managers working out of Aylesbury - he managed the South and I had the North. Followed his career from the conference league right up to the infamous World Cup! Nice guy apart from being a QPR fan.... Still mates though.

It's strange working with someone who is famous in the sporting world. The best part of 30 years ago I worked with test match umpire David Constant for a couple of winters (in those days umpires only stood in 'home' test matches - there was none of this 'neutral' nonsense - that only came in following the cheat Shakoor Rana that soured cricketing relations between England and Pakistan) so in summer David umpired and in the winter he had a 'proper' job.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm justified and I'm ancient. ( but I don't drive an ice cream van)

Started watching the Rams in the 60/61 season and lived in Valley Road Chaddo and worked first at the Wardwick Library and then years later at the "dole" office in Normanton Road. Moved to Brum and now live in Woodford Green in London on the central line. Done (and still do)

lots of British Aid work abroad mainly in Africa but always keep up with The Rams' doings

I'm justified and I'm ancient. ( but I don't drive an ice cream van)

Started watching the Rams in the 60/61 season and lived in Valley Road Chaddo and worked first at the Wardwick Library and then years later at the "dole" office in Normanton Road. Moved to Brum and now live in Woodford Green in London on the central line. Done (and still do)

lots of British Aid work abroad mainly in Africa but always keep up with The Rams' doings

This is a good one!

Where in Africa has your work taken you?

And who was our manager in 60/61 (not a trick question, I honestly don't know...)?

Harry Storer was the manager and I seem to recall that we were in the old Div 2 and Liverpool got promoted then.

Where in Africa? Well Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone (where I was arrested as a spy and imprisoned), Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania and my favourite country Ethiopia. I was featured 5 years ago in the Derby Telegraph when I got my MBE

Harry Storer was the manager and I seem to recall that we were in the old Div 2 and Liverpool got promoted then.

Where in Africa? Well Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone (where I was arrested as a spy and imprisoned), Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania and my favourite country Ethiopia. I was featured 5 years ago in the Derby Telegraph when I got my MBE

Thanks for sharing. I can't confirm this, but I believe you are the only member on here to have been imprisoned in Sierra Leone.

Archived