The clement legacy

archied

This is not a reaction to a loss post but a general observation/ question ,,,,, is it just me or do others think we are struggling to shake off the style change clement brought ? We just don't seem able to play and pass with any speed or urgency ,, yes we've had some decent results but we seem to be stuck in that sideways/backwards crawl in the main,,, it frustrating to watch and we seem to be inviting teams to pressure us in our own half with a back line that really does not have the composure to keep the ball or find a teammate when under pressure ,, we really are a long way from the team of mac1 era and seem to be really struggling to get back to trying to play that way

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, archied said:

This is not a reaction to a loss post but a general observation/ question ,,,,, is it just me or do others think we are struggling to shake off the style change clement brought ? We just don't seem able to play and pass with any speed or urgency ,, yes we've had some decent results but we seem to be stuck in that sideways/backwards crawl in the main,,, it frustrating to watch and we seem to be inviting teams to pressure us in our own half with a back line that really does not have the composure to keep the ball or find a teammate when under pressure ,, we really are a long way from the team of mac1 era and seem to be really struggling to get back to trying to play that way

I said the exact same thing tonight. Well not word for word but you get the drift.

1 hour ago, archied said:

If xyou are talking about tonight.

WE didnt have fullbacks playing who want the ball and play as wing backs, secondly Shackell isnt happy wirh the ball either

thirdly they put a man on Julian for the whole of the first half, while also pressing our defenders..... so i think you are being harsh.

It's nothing to do with Clement.  He was only here for a heart beat anyway. IF he could change things that much in such a short time then we definitely did the wrong thing in letting him go. 

We have had a massive over reaction to SMs good run. We have not been massively impressive only in places. Ince and Pearce have pretty much seen us through. This group of players still need to prove they have balls. I would still clear out a good chunk. 

Bring Martin back? Still makes me chuckle every time I hear it. 

7 hours ago, jagerbob said:

If xyou are talking about tonight.

WE didnt have fullbacks playing who want the ball and play as wing backs, secondly Shackell isnt happy wirh the ball either

thirdly they put a man on Julian for the whole of the first half, while also pressing our defenders..... so i think you are being harsh.

Not trying to be harsh and not just about tonight ( we will have off days or days when the other team are just at it and perform better than us) it's supposed to be a serious question as even our wins and good run periods have in the main been very different from the free flowing high tempo give and go stuff that was so great to watch and impossible for teams to live with at times ,,, I think having no wingbacks that storm forward with pace and intent as you say is a major miss ,, fozzy is a big missing ingredient, as is cyrus ,, ,, we seem to be stuck in the middle somehow , I do know we need to stop this suicidal slow passing across the back line 

This isn't the team of Mac1.  Some are no longer here, those that are sadly some are getting older and some are injured.  Mac has done an amazing job with the team he inherited.  This transfer window is his first opportunity to get in the type of players he feels will give us back that buzz. Look back at the threads during Pearson'so reign and look what everyone was predicting. At best a relegation fight. Mac has come in and turned an unhappy squad into a fighting force with a bunch of talented misfits.  He will find the right balance again of that I am sure.

24 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

It's nothing to do with Clement.  He was only here for a heart beat anyway. IF he could change things that much in such a short time then we definitely did the wrong thing in letting him go. 

We have had a massive over reaction to SMs good run. We have not been massively impressive only in places. Ince and Pearce have pretty much seen us through. This group of players still need to prove they have balls. I would still clear out a good chunk. 

Bring Martin back? Still makes me chuckle every time I hear it. 

good point werent we mauled by leicester under mac mki with supposedly a much better team

11 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

good point werent we mauled by leicester under mac mki with supposedly a much better team

if people want someone to point the finger at it should be the club itself and those who make the descisions they have made quite a few over the last four or five seasons lot of kneejerk reactions and hanging managers out to dry absolute rubbish board!

2 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

if people want someone to point the finger at it should be the club itself and those who make the descisions they have made quite a few over the last four or five seasons lot of kneejerk reactions and hanging managers oyt to dry absolute rubbish board!

You sir know your stuff...

The club has made terrible decisions, and Mel has to be accountable for that. Clement was a bad appointment, Pearson even worst, although I think most people were duped by that one. The transfer dealings in the past 2 years have been horrendous. Sky were banging on about our squad last night, yet it's predominantly forwards who don't play and we have no choice in midfield. It's so unbalanced it's a joke.

However, Mel deserves credit for re-appointing McClaren. In my opinion he is the right man and he will take us to the premier league if we give him time, once he's undone all the work of Clement and Pearson!

18 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The club has made terrible decisions, and Mel has to be accountable for that. Clement was a bad appointment, Pearson even worst, although I think most people were duped by that one. The transfer dealings in the past 2 years have been horrendous. Sky were banging on about our squad last night, yet it's predominantly forwards who don't play and we have no choice in midfield. It's so unbalanced it's a joke.

However, Mel deserves credit for re-appointing McClaren. In my opinion he is the right man and he will take us to the premier league if we give him time, once he's undone all the work of Clement and Pearson!

i dont think we can blame either clement or pearson wether they were any good is amatter of opinion but neither had a fair chance in my opinion and if you think they were no good ask youself who appointed them and who sacked mac and reapointed him? all kneejerk reactions of a board who have spent millions of wasted money

20 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

i dont think we can blame either clement or pearson wether they were any good is amatter of opinion but neither had a fair chance in my opinion and if you think they were no good ask youself who appointed them and who sacked mac and reapointed him? all kneejerk reactions of a board who have spent millions of wasted money

Isn't the Board just Mel and Sam?  Thought I saw that on a thread. So he's spunking his own cash as it were and has no one he can sack apart from himself. 

Archived