The clement legacy

archied

Clements football was crap but he took us to the top of the league,without hughes and Bryson.Pearson hopeless,neither should have been appointed. when Brian Clough was thinking of coming back to derby  his wife said never go back.Same applies to McLaren, the pressure to succeed just smothers you.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many other teams seem to have a Hernandez type who looks really comfortable on the ball and who can open up defences. Hughes is good and Ince looks a threat but they need some quality around them. For me it's all about the midfield - we need more quality to build on what Hughes brings - players who can both sweep up and give the defence some support and confidence and players who are genuinely comfortable on the ball and can open up defences.  The attack is probably OK - experienced and proven goal scorers who just need the service. Defence isn't too bad but they probably feel too exposed.  Fix the midfield.

Clement will possibly be always a nearly man and we have moved on from him and his negative style.

I also wish people would stop comparing the team to Mac 1 era - most of those players have gone, those that are still like Bryson are now showing their age.

Ince, Keogh and Hughes would get into any team in the championship!

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

The main Clement thing still left is the first movement backwards with the ball which generally leads to nothing 

When the going gets tough playing slow and back is a bad habit we've had for a while now.

I think that's one thing I'd attribute to Clement - I think its something that when you have better players, is OK because eventually you'll work it into a more promising situation. At Derby we just work it round and round til we lose possession.

Archived