Cyrus Christie

DEL

I'd like to see him back in the starting 11 as soon as possible. Baird has done well in the games that he's played but I feel like we sometimes miss the extra outlet that Christie provides plus against pacier opponents I feel much better if Christie is there rather than Baird.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As well as Baird has played and we've been solid defensively. Don't forget we had one of the best defensive records up to Christie's injury. Also, the best football we've played this season was the first half against wolves when Christie was tearing up and down the wing. 

1 hour ago, James1989 said:

We have looked much better without Christie, more balanced as a team. He can't defend which is his main job... plus i dont think he's signed a new contract which would suggest he's off! We need better if we really want to gain promotion

His contract is out in 2018. 

@Tombo Deals often come with a +1 year extension option, usually in the clubs favour.

The other week Hull extended numerous players +1 to 2018 including Snodgrass who is also rejecting "new" contract offers from Hull as he wants to leave, probably cos they're a bit ****!

19 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

@Tombo Deals often come with a +1 year extension option, usually in the clubs favour.

The other week Hull extended numerous players +1 to 2018 including Snodgrass who is also rejecting "new" contract offers from Hull as he wants to leave, probably cos they're a bit ****!

I'm aware that is a possibility, I'm not being critical, I'm seeking clarity. 

I'm not saying it's not true but I've produced two sources suggesting that his contract runs out this summer and nobody has found me any evidence that it runs out in 2018.

Along with Keogh (god forbid) i thought baird was immense tonight.

He teams up so much better with ince than cyrus possily could.

Christie just runs with it with 0 end product, wheras baird gets it to ince as quickly as possible giving ince the most amount of time and space to do something with the ball.

Archived