Who plays CB now?

The_Sheriff

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No reason to change the Pearce/Keogh partnership which has worked so well, they seem to have a really good understanding between themselves which it would be a shame to lose. 

Also, neither Shackle or Pearce seem too comfortable in possession - we need at least one of the CBs to be, seeing as we like to play it out from the back. Pairing the two of them would be interesting to say the least. Keogh at least likes to have the ball at his feet.

Personally I think we should stick  with Hanson, if fit , although at RB with Baird LB. Its harsh bringing him in for the odd game and then discarding him, he won't progress unless we give him a good chance. Especially as he was playing in an unfamiliar position away against premier opposition. Baird's  confidence has grown so much that he wouldn't represent a risk at LB.

I would stick with the same midfield for Leeds. Both Butters and Will have looked a little tired recently, which is not surprising given their amazing activity levels, so another couple of weeks off might not be a bad thing for them. Will needs to get his broken hand sorted properly too, it must have been a distraction.

Be tough to drop any of Ince, Bent and Camara from what I heard from West Brom

When I think of the qualities I look for in a left back, I don't really include being slow and uncomfortable on the ball with poor distribution, nor do I especially prioritise heading ability. Shackell's blocking talent would be nice but otherwise I don't see him as a good fit for the position.

I'll go against the grain. For the next match, I'd play Shackell. It's Leeds away, they like their possession game nowadays with Monk so he won't have the ball much.
There's a dilemma called Wood and Shackell with his deep pockets is perfect solution. He just needs to clear that Rondon lad out of there first.

Let's just go game by game. Whoever gives us best change to win should play. In this one, I'd go with Keogh-Shacks.

I toyed with the idea of a Pearce/ shackell partnership and although we would be solid defensively and have two good defenders in there  it would compromise our game of playing out from the back. Carson s always got a pass on to keogh and it's rare he makes a mistake passing it out from the back ( we will forget about Saturday).

So to sum it up stick with the second best defensive  partnership in the league ?. 

Archived