Players coming to end of contract

Gritty

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ninos said:

They had a 3-0 lead. They didn't come out to play just to give up two goals or less. They achieved their objective. 

My point was that I seriously doubt whether you yourself would have played Thorne. I have more faith that the average Derby fan or football fan would make a better decision than that one.

So you would not played any of our normal starting 11 in the lead up to the biggest match of our season despite the fact we definitely needed a confidence boost and could still have gained home advantage in the second leg?

Unfortunately I don't have faith in the average Derby fan to make a decision like that, hence why I am happy to trust them decisions who have a much better insight into the game than I will ever have.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I think you're missing the point I was making mate. Thorne's injury could have happened to anyone at any time, Im not disputing that, but the fact is if Thorne had not played that dead rubber game, we could have been in the premier league now. Ipswich are well known for being physical so why risk any of the likes of Hughes,Thorne,Martin,Ince or Keogh in a dead rubber game with nothing to gain and everything to lose. They may have not been physical in that game but why even risk it? It was common sense really. Being at home in a second leg doesn't make any difference nowadays. There may have been a week between the games but why risk it? Players could have picked up hamstring injuries or anything in that Ipswich game. Brucy got it right, we didn't. 

Wasn't a dead rubber game. 

We risked key players last time before the play offs. As did QPR against Barnsley. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you would not played any of our normal starting 11 in the lead up to the biggest match of our season despite the fact we definitely needed a confidence boost and could still have gained home advantage in the second leg?

Unfortunately I don't have faith in the average Derby fan to make a decision like that, hence why I am happy to trust them decisions who have a much better insight into the game than I will ever have.

Good post. 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

is that all you can say? Weirdo.

You're the one calling people names. I don't dislike anyone on this forum because I appreciate not everyone have the same opinions but the way you throw your toys out of the pram whenever I disagree with you is seriously making me reconsider that. Happy new year

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You're the one calling people names. I don't dislike anyone on this forum because I appreciate not everyone have the same opinions but the way you throw your toys out of the pram whenever I disagree with you is seriously making me reconsider that. Happy new year

Bye.

Just love it when fans in their twenties who have never played the game professionally can tell when someone who's nearly twice their age and been involved in the game for 4 decades is showing a lack of experience :lol:

I wouldn't have played Thorne myself, but I can see the other side of the argument ffs. Some of the best managers in the world would have played their strongest team against Ipswich, while other top managers wouldn't even dream of it.

As it happens, Thorne got crunched. You could play that game 100 times and it wouldn't happen again. We can all play the hindsight game and come out of it looking clever...

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Just love it when fans in their twenties who have never played the game professionally can tell when someone who's nearly twice their age and been involved in the game for 4 decades is showing a lack of experience :lol:

I wouldn't have played Thorne myself, but I can see the other side of the argument ffs. Some of the best managers in the world would have played their strongest team against Ipswich, while other top managers wouldn't even dream of it.

As it happens, Thorne got crunched. You could play that game 100 times and it wouldn't happen again. We can all play the hindsight game and come out of it looking clever...

It's so funny mate that first Bit which is very true. 

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Didn't Klopp rest everyone against Swansea before the Europa final and then laugh off the defeat?

Then got beat in the Europa with his fully rested team.

Like you said, I can see both sides. I wouldn't have complained if he'd rested Thorne. 

Like against West Brom. Trust Mac to know who's needing rest, who's needing game time. He sees them every day. 

Think Wassall probably wanted to make the team as fluid as possible. Get right back in the 2013/14 flow. 

If he'd rested them and Ipswich had won 4-0 and we'd still lost to Hull then we'd have heard all about that instead

So we have established  that we all have different opinions, that's good and healthy. Embrace it. We aren't all going to have the same opinions. I imagine that Powell and McClaren have arguments before games. If we all had the same opinions round here it would be boring as hell. The purpose of a forum is to form debate. I imagine in an alternate universe me and DEL are holding hands singing ring a ring o roses, then again probably not thinking about it

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

So we have established  that we all have different opinions, that's good and healthy. Embrace it. We aren't all going to have the same opinions. I imagine that Powell and McClaren have arguments before games. If we all had the same opinions round here it would be boring as hell. The purpose of a forum is to form debate. I imagine in an alternate universe me and DEL are holding hands singing ring a ring o roses, then again probably not thinking about it

Is that a personal dig about me? 

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Nope not at all, just to show we all have different opinions, it would be boring if we all agreed. I don't like or dislike you because I don't know you.

Then don't mention Me in your post. You don't like my opinion re rest players would have lost momentum. Before playing Ipswich we were unbeaten in 6 4 wins 2 draw. Now just leave it there. Bye. 

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Then don't mention Me in your post. You don't like my opinion re rest players would have lost momentum. Before playing Ipswich we were unbeaten in 6 4 wins 2 draw. Now just leave it there. Bye. 

No need to be so hostile , we are all Derby fans here :lol:

50 minutes ago, Duracell said:

You could use that statement at those constantly whining about Pearson tenure here.............

Archived