Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Might be more down to the constant change of manager/style though. 

Feel for Russell. So much promise when he came here, but has only shown glimpses of talent, in short sustained bursts. TIme's up for him, imo. 

I love the guy. Regularly see him shopping on a sunday night in Costco. He always says hello if you nod at him or something. Such a nice guy, Just isn't going well for him this year. Cash in I say this month, Bring in a quality winger. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fact is Hughes and Butterfield have scored 1 goal between them all season. Which, if we're honest, is pretty pathetic. 

Both are good footballers. In Hughes case a very good footballer. Very nice to watch. But in terms of assists,  goalscoring and actual effectiveness we aren't getting enough out of either of them. 

I am one of Hughes biggest fans. I think he's a fabulous footballer. Better than anything we have and when he's on it, he's the best in the league. He needs to add more consistency to his game and more goals. He needs to be more effective. This season I think Hughes has had more bad games than good. The Birmingham home game he was brilliant. Then Wigan at home he was poor. If the lad wants to play in the prem. He needs to show a lot more than he is at the minute. Id still pick him ahead of Lansbury though. 

Butterfield frustrates me. Not really sure what he offers. Looks good for a bit then goes missing. Always looks miserable as well like he doesn't want to be out there. Also. I think he slows the game down. Id have Lansbury over Butterfield. 

All opinions though. 

We'd have about 10 more goals this season if our midfielders could shoot. Butterfield always has his shots blocked these days as well. Johnson is our best goal scoring midfielder but we never let him go forward. There's been some criminal wasting of shooting opportunities by us this season.

7 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

We'd have about 10 more goals this season if our midfielders could shoot. Butterfield always has his shots blocked these days as well. Johnson is our best goal scoring midfielder but we never let him go forward. There's been some criminal wasting of shooting opportunities by us this season.

It's funny that, our lot used to moan like fook consistently about passing sideways under Clement instead of shooting. 

13 hours ago, Tombo said:

It's between the two of you, but isn't the deadline of Tuesday a bit arbitrary? It's pretty much certain that Lansbury's leaving this week, why not just wait until he signs for whoever he signs for? If he pays up on Tuesday night and then he signs Wednesday morning, it would indicate his intel was only slightly flawed or something changed.

He has stated that Lansbury will be a Derby player on Tuesday. . . why would I bet he won't but then wait an extra few days? defeats the whole purpose of a bet!

8 minutes ago, Derbados said:

He has stated that Lansbury will be a Derby player on Tuesday. . . why would I bet he won't but then wait an extra few days? defeats the whole purpose of a bet!

Fairplay. Let's see where he ends up. £100 says Derby is his next club!

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

..... I like Butters.....

I don't :ph34r: - I've really tried, but to my mind, he's just not shown the form of the player we signed from Huddersfield. With his ability, he should be bossing games, but he spends too much time floating around the periphery and far too much time on his heels, waiting for someone else to get things going....I'd drop him without a second thought.

27 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I'll repeat - like I said this is subject to the transissioning of the takeover going smoothly. Obviously if Tuesday's takeover is delayed, goes without saying that the signing will be delayed until completion. 

15 minutes ago, jb12345 said:

I'll repeat - like I said this is subject to the transissioning of the takeover going smoothly. Obviously if Tuesday's takeover is delayed, goes without saying that the signing will be delayed until completion. 

The takeover which was supposed to be completed on the 22nd December?

I won't hold my breath...

Archived