101 year old jailed for 13 years

David

A 101-year-old man has been jailed for 13 years for committing 30 child sex offences. 

Ralph Clarke, of Erdington, Birmingham, is thought to be the oldest person convicted in British legal history. 

Judge Richard Bond QC said Clarke had been guilty of "systematic abuse" between 1974 and 1983. 

He was found guilty of 21 counts of abusing two girls and admitted nine charges relating to a boy during his trial at Birmingham Crown Court.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38367103?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will have all on making 13 days. Hope he lasts longer so he can experience some of his punishment.

Its a sickener he has enjoyed all these years free after such an horrific crime.

7 hours ago, David said:

A 101-year-old man has been jailed for 13 years for committing 30 child sex offences. 

Ralph Clarke, of Erdington, Birmingham, is thought to be the oldest person convicted in British legal history. 

Judge Richard Bond QC said Clarke had been guilty of "systematic abuse" between 1974 and 1983. 

He was found guilty of 21 counts of abusing two girls and admitted nine charges relating to a boy during his trial at Birmingham Crown Court.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38367103?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

I hope he gets to pick up the soap for Mr. Big.

When I first read it that was my initial thoughts, too old to rehabilitate nor is he a danger to people. Seems a waste of tax payer money sending him to jail and the 13 year sentence is a joke.

Won't the prison now have to cover funeral costs?

Regardless of age there has to be some form of punishment for the crimes he's comitted, I don't think I trust our justice system with the power of lethal injections and castraition would be pointless given his age.

Archived