Todays stats - Games per goal

admira

41 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I always disliked Paul Kitson growing up, and loved Gabbiadini an opposite amount.

I'm guessing Kitsons better goal record is due to Marco growing tired of his bellyaching, and setting him up!

I felt the same. Kitson was a very selfish player and would rather pass the ball to a wide man and run into the box in the hope of getting on the end of a cross than actually cross the ball himself for one of his team mates.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

1 in 4 for super Theo Robinson! 

Theoooooooooooooo Theo Robinson Theooooooooo Theo Robinson.

Theo's goals to minutes ratio for us is ridiculously good considering how bad he is.

A goal every 206 minutes. For a relegation fodder to mid table to upper mid table team.

6 hours ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Interesting list that. Usually lists of stats and decimal points make me wan to throttle myself with the nearest loose wire, but this is food for thought. 

Mills' record is surprisingly good, I don't remember him being that prolific. He was only here for a short time as I remember, I didn't really rate him, and couldn't have seen him sustaining it. Scored a couple of cracking goals though. One against Wolves sticks in the mind ... a header, and a victory which led to Roy Mac's 'that's motivation' rant on the telly!

Some proper legends among these though. Not surprised at all by the way that Rasiak is up top. He had an unbelievable strikers knack. A shame what happened to him at Spurs, he never quite recovered.

does this give a true reflection of goal scoring ability as some may have played many minutes less  as subs only coming on for a few minutes and doesnt count as a full game

Top 10 all comps

Bloomer 332

Hector 201

Bowers 183

Bedford 142

Stamps 126

Bentley 112

Durban 112

Crooks 111

Pary 110

Davidson 106

interested to know who falls between the 100 goal genuine legends  and Chris Martin at 53 ? And a few of the current boys in the 20 - 30 bracket

55 minutes ago, jono said:

Top 10 all comps

Bloomer 332

Hector 201

Bowers 183

Bedford 142

Stamps 126

Bentley 112

Durban 112

Crooks 111

Pary 110

Davidson 106

interested to know who falls between the 100 goal genuine legends  and Chris Martin at 53 ? And a few of the current boys in the 20 - 30 bracket

Seems consistent with my thoughts on legends in another thread, where I only had kev hector from the above list as a player I have seen that I would regard as a legend . 

10 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

does this give a true reflection of goal scoring ability as some may have played many minutes less  as subs only coming on for a few minutes and doesnt count as a full game

I think it's fairly obvious who the genuinely class goalscorers are in that list ... and who of them hit purple patches in their careers, yet weren't genuinely the real deal. Lee Mills was clearly in that 'patchy' category, and thats why such straightforward lists are somewhat misleading. 

Of our current crop, Darren Bent, for example, would be high in such a list for pretty much ever single club he has played for...that demonstrates what a genuinely top class centre forward he is.

So basically ... form is temporary, class is permanent.

15 hours ago, jono said:

@admira:lol:  apologies for using you like a DCFC fans wiki page .. 

How about a list of DCFC all time scorers ... Not ALL of them but say anyone who has scored more than say 20 goals in the black and white ? 

Here you go. Post war league goals only with 20+

Players in my lifetime are highlighted.

HECTOR Kevin  155
PARRY Jack  105
CROOKS Sammy  101
STAMPS Jackie  100
DURBAN Alan  93
DAVISON Bobby  91

CURRY Bill  67
O'HARE John  65
HINTON Alan  64

DUNCAN Dally  63