5 on the bounce. First time since ....?

admira

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, admira said:

When did we last win five league games on the bounce? I've a feeling we did it under the last Macca run or Clement.

Ooh this is my 1,000th post. Check me out! 

Steve Mac, 13/14 season around this time of year, after taking over a manager called Nigel who played mainly negative football, who struggled to capture the best out of our team consistently.

24 minutes ago, rynny said:

Steve Mac, 13/14 season around this time of year, after taking over a manager called Nigel who played mainly negative football, who struggled to capture the best out of our team consistently.

Says something about Derby County .. Positive football works ! ... I think we did 6 in the same run ? Portents brothers and sisters portents. 

I wonder what our longest consecutive win run is and our longest unbeaten run is ? @admira the stat King 

6 minutes ago, jono said:

Says something about Derby County .. Positive football works ! ... I think we did 6 in the same run ? Portents brothers and sisters portents. 

I wonder what our longest consecutive win run is and our longest unbeaten run is ? @admira the stat King 

9 wins in a row is the record, including a cup game in that period

1 hour ago, jono said:

Shucks, I'm flattered! True, I really should be answering my own question.

The last two times we managed five, both in the Play Off final season under Macca:

5 from 5 - Blackpool, Huddersfield, Doncaster, Barnsley and Watford all in April 2014

7 from 7 - Wendies, Bournemouth, Wigan, Middlesbrough, Blackpool, Charlton, Doncaster - November / December 2013

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

9 wins in a row is the record, including a cup game in that period

9 successive league victories is the record, and this occurred in 1969.

Starting with a home victory over Huddersfield in mid-March, we then won away at Oxford, Aston Villa (the 'cup of tea' match) and Fulham before seeing off Bolton (George Edwards' DET headline - "Rams go nap, go up") and Sheffield United to win the title at home before we went on the road again, winning at Millwall and Norwich before ending the season with the ritual slaughter of Bristol City in front of a packed BBG.

7 hours ago, eddie said:

9 successive league victories is the record, and this occurred in 1969.

Starting with a home victory over Huddersfield in mid-March, we then won away at Oxford, Aston Villa (the 'cup of tea' match) and Fulham before seeing off Bolton (George Edwards' DET headline - "Rams go nap, go up") and Sheffield United to win the title at home before we went on the road again, winning at Millwall and Norwich before ending the season with the ritual slaughter of Bristol City in front of a packed BBG.

So it could've been more, but the season ended. 

9 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

So it could've been more, but the season ended. 

We expected the winning sequence to get to 10 games - we played Burnley at home in the first match back in Division 1, but drew 0-0. The unbeaten run continued in league and cup to 22 games (including another sequence of 7 successive wins) before we lost to the Wendies at the end of September.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

We expected the winning sequence to get to 10 games - we played Burnley at home in the first match back in Division 1, but drew 0-0. The unbeaten run continued in league and cup to 22 games (including another sequence of 7 successive wins) before we lost to the Wendies at the end of September.

the old curse of Hillsborough again

Archived