Podcasts

Heisenberg

What podcasts do everyone find themselves listening to? Any recommendations?

My personal two faves (Other than the 'dcfcfans' podcast of course :ph34r:) are The Magic Sponge, with Rob Beckett and Jimmy Bullard and Athletico Mince, with comedians Andy Dawson and Bob Mortimer. You get some proper belly laughs from those 2!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The football ramble is an excellent bi-weekly podcast. 

The guardian football weekly is also superb. 

I also listen to frank skinners radio show podcast, the telegraph cycling podcast and last but not least the unused substitutes which is a Tampa Bay Rowdies podcast...get on that. Oh the Rowdies are......a kick in the grass. 

The Football Ramble: pretty fun, lighthearted football podcast that's massively popular. Really good listen for any commuters, particularly if you're partial to stories about Kevin Keegan.

The Weekly Planet: my personal favourite podcast, couldn't recommend this enough to anyone with a casual interest in movies and general pop culture. Funny and relaxed. Australian but not too Australian.

Empire Podcast: wide appeal film podcast that's a pretty decent listen, have film reviews and news plus interviews every week with actors/directors which can be one of the most interesting things you've listened to that year or dull as dishwater. 

I Was There Too: interviews with people who were on the sets of great movies, sort of gives you the every man look at what it's was like to make that particular film. Really enjoyable if they're talking about a film you love, really interesting chats about Inglorious Basterds and Aliens on there.

5 Live "Wittertainment" Film show with Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode. A great listen for film fans & usually funny as well.

Radio 4's News Quiz - Have I got News for You but on the radio - and often funnier I reckon.

Answer me This - People send in questions on anyhting for Hellen & Ollie to answer. Quite funny.

On 08/11/2016 at 13:51, Anon said:

I've been meaning to listen to Athletico Mince for a while. I really like Bob Mortimer anyway and I loved his "jambon" story from the euros.

Here he is training with Lee Tomlin.

Mortimer is brilliant on it!

There's a feature on it each week about Steve McClaren and what the pair think he's been up to, along with his made up pet snake named 'Casper'. It really is hilarious, albeit so random :lol:.

4 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Mortimer is brilliant on it!

There's a feature on it each week about Steve McClaren and what the pair think he's been up to, along with his made up pet snake named 'Casper'. It really is hilarious, albeit so random :lol:.

I have listened to the first 30 Atletico Mince's and they are brilliant.  It is also amazing to find out how close we were to getting  Sean Dyche as manager to replace Pearson, only his disregard for the carpet choices made by Mel Morris, meant we got McClaren.

My favourite ever story on there was Mark Lawrenson's attempt at pest control in Michael Owen's restraurant.  'He missed a ***** bear!'

• 1 month later...

I'm on a beach for Christmas so am listening to as many Jimmy Bullard hosted 'magic sponge' episodes as I can. Dean Windass and Lee Hendrie are highlights. They're all very entertaining so far except Joe Jordan who wouldn't give anything away. 

Seth Johnson and Craig Fagan both feature. Highly recommended podcast. 

27 minutes ago, admira said:

I'm on a beach for Christmas so am listening to as many Jimmy Bullard hosted 'magic sponge' episodes as I can. Dean Windass and Lee Hendrie are highlights. They're all very entertaining so far except Joe Jordan who wouldn't give anything away. 

Seth Johnson and Craig Fagan both feature. Highly recommended podcast. 

Jeff Winter one is really good as well, the Jamie Hand one kinda interesting but comes across as a right idiot

Archived