The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

Just now, Gritters said:

I reckon we're missing a Chris Martin type forward up front tonight. I bet if he was playing we would have had a bag full.

Yeah, like all the goals he has got at Fulham all season........

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nugent tonight didn't just sit in the box, he ran the channels,  gave 100 % even though QPR had 3 centre backs around him, he made them earn the cash tonight. He also  linked up with Vydra really well, they could be our real no 9 and no 10. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, toddy said:

Nugent tonight didn't just sit in the box, he ran the channels,  gave 100 % even though QPR had 3 centre backs around him, he made them earn the cash tonight. He also  linked up with Vydra really well, they could be our real no 9 and no 10. :thumbsup:

Did he score then?

23 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Very curious to see how Rowett fits him into the team. It's seems that Rowett likes pressing from the front and to defend from the front which is why Nugent seems to be the first choice at the moment.

He did say in post match interview that he would have liked to have had a big target man on the pitch tonight. Think that suggests he knows what he wants and how he is going to fit him in.

Martin may be coming back but he is by no means walking straight into a rowett team , I'm not saying he won't earn his place but by god he will have to earn it 

7 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Also as their top scorer. ?

He is struggling to hold down a 1st team start, that's how good he had been this season for Fulham. Some on here are giving the excuse that he doesn't fit their system.

That is the problem of a one trick pony, Martin seems able to play one way, we seen it last season, when he become marked by 2 centre  backs, falls to the floor or relays on flick ons, become disinterested.

How many fans on here last season were saying he's been found out?

I am only glad he was not here last night, because with Nugent last night even though he had to deal with 3 defenders, he dragged then all over the place , his movement was fantastic. Martin not a chance in that senerio, we would have had hand waving, pointless flick ons, and the odd fall to the floor moment.

54 minutes ago, toddy said:

He is struggling to hold down a 1st team start, that's how good he had been this season for Fulham. Some on here are giving the excuse that he doesn't fit their system.

That is the problem of a one trick pony, Martin seems able to play one way, we seen it last season, when he become marked by 2 centre  backs, falls to the floor or relays on flick ons, become disinterested.

I am only glad he was not here last night, because with Nugent last night even though he had to deal with 3 defenders, he dragged then all over the place , his movement was fantastic. Martin not a chance in that senerio, we would have had hand waving, pointless flick ons, and the odd fall to the floor moment.

And a couple of goals....

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Oh got it! It's April 1st! Very funny @toddy using your vast football knowledge to attempt to make a joke! Ha ha.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

you forgot the famous penguin flap when  dont give him the ball to feet

1 hour ago, toddy said:

He is struggling to hold down a 1st team start, that's how good he had been this season for Fulham.

He hasn't been starting as much since January and when he signed the new contract with us. Planning for life without him perhaps? What does it say about their other strikers when he so crap, as you keep saying, that he has scored more than the all of them?

2 hours ago, toddy said:

Some on here are giving the excuse that he doesn't fit their system.

Who has said that?

2 hours ago, toddy said:

How many strikers have more than one style of play? You don't see Messi playing the target man, he gets the ball and dribbles, plays quick passes. One trick pony that lad. Ibrahimovic, don't see him running around loads, can only play one way, one trick pony.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

The same few who are still moaning now.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

I guess you know more than our manager and can see into an alternate reality? What about when Martin bullied and ran ragged Michael Dawson and Curtis Davies last season? Whilst Nugent was excellent last night, he had the back up of Vydra, Russell and Ince. It wasn't just Nugent, it was all 4 of them, and you certainly do  a disservice to the other 3 saying it was all down to Nugent.

And that is the point about last season, people were expecting Martin to close down the whole back 4 but who was helping him? Why should he run after the back 4 whilst every one else on the team stands and watch? If you are to defend from the front you need to have players close to the front man to help, we didn't have that last season, we did for most of the season before and we certainly did the year before that, you know when we were challenging for the top 2, from October 2013 to February 2015 we probably got the most points (or close to) in the country ( I haven't checked that but I will shortly) and we did it by winning the ball in the oppositions half, with Ward, Russell, Bryson,Hendrick, Hughes, Dawkins, Martin, Ibe all pressing high up the pitch, we didn't do that for most of last season, we did in bits but we didn't do it nearly enough to get Martin involoved, Ince involved, Russell, Weimann etc etc. Last night, and the second half against forest, we did that and our creative players who have looked quite poor for the most part of the last 2 seasons suddenly looked a threat and dangerous.

33 minutes ago, rynny said:

October 2013 to February 2015 we probably got the most points (or close to) in the country ( I haven't checked that but I will shortly)

Most points in that time frame from the top 4 divisions.

Derby 144

Man City 131

Chelsea 131

Burton 128

Middlesbrough 118

Liverpool 116

Southend 116

Ipswich 114

Preston 114

Arsenal 112

Bournemouth 112

Swindon 109

7 hours ago, toddy said:

He's starting today. Struggling? Lol.

Archived