Beer Thread

Cisse

Kwak, followed by a Gulden Draak which decided to spray itself all over the kitchen on opening like a champagne bottle on a F1 podium, is the fridge not the right place to keep it?

Never had one of my Draak's spray, I never keep beer in the fridge (if I want it chilled I'll put it in for 20 minutes) but I don't see how that makes a difference in that regard.

Just had the last of my Grumbergen Optimos, spilled half the glass though (ffs)

Of the 56 bottles I brought back from Belgium 39 days ago I now only have 3 left - 1 Trripel Karmeliet, 1 Fort Lapin Quadruple and 1 750ml bottle of Gulden Draak 9000 Quad - I expect they won't last the night.

​I don't chill my Gulden Draaks at all - I prefer them at room/cellar temperature.

Is it possible that you chilled it to the extent that you formed a soft ice plug in the neck? That'd do it (for fridge, read freezer - I did that with a Chimay White once)

I just went three whole days without a beer, shocking! Back on it with a Brewdog visit tomorrow AND Saturday, and maybe again next week if Cisse fancies a trip to Nottingham. 

Tonight trying an M&S beer from Adnams, single hopped with Jester, which is a UK hop apparently bred to rival the big American hops. Have to say it is very, very nice,. Earthy, fruity, tangy, dry, good bitterness. Never heard of it before.  Strong first impression. 

Edited by Coconut

I just went three whole days without a beer, shocking! Back on it with a Brewdog visit tomorrow AND Saturday, and maybe again next week if Cisse fancies a trip to Nottingham. 

Tonight trying an M&S beer from Adnams, single hopped with Jester, which is a UK hop apparently bred to rival the big American hops. Have to say it is very, very nice,. Earthy, fruity, tangy, dry, good bitterness. Never heard of it before.  Strong first impression. 

Budvar Dark, sampled at the Canalhouse in Nottingham. Cracking Castle Rock pub, serving over 320 world beers, just about every exotic one I've ever seen on here they've got!

With that in mind, I've taken the liberty of booking us a promotion party on the 1st June 2016, places are limited so let me know?

Just ordered 24 bottles of La Trappe Quadrupel and 24 bottles of Gouden Carolus Tripel.

£101. Sorted.

​Here they sell Carolus in 0,75 litre bottles. 24 of those would make me happy for couple nights too!

Excellent beer, definitely one of the best. Likewise La Trappe. And that price really is cheap!

​Here they sell Carolus in 0,75 litre bottles. 24 of those would make me happy for couple nights too!

Excellent beer, definitely one of the best. Likewise La Trappe. And that price really is cheap!

​Yep. That includes postage from Belgium. I'm stocking up for Christmas now. Every case I buy, 4 bottles get put aside.