Beer Thread

Cisse

Trappist Achel.Purchased it yesterday,plan on enjoying tonight after work.

eddie,Coconut,or anyone else have before?

​Yes, it's lovely and fruity, yet still has that typical peppery taste. The last one I had was at Christmas (my son bought me a nice selection of Trappist beers) - slightly unusual as Trappist beers go because it is filtered (a bit) so it can appear hazy.

​Yes, it's lovely and fruity, yet still has that typical peppery taste. The last one I had was at Christmas (my son bought me a nice selection of Trappist beers) - slightly unusual as Trappist beers go because it is filtered (a bit) so it can appear hazy.

Thanks mate.

Edited by AmericanRam

24 bottles of La Trappe Quadrupel and 24 bottles of Gouden Carolus Tripel just arrived courtesy of Kurt at Belgiuminabox (despite the fact that La Trappe is Dutch, but let's not split hairs.

Guess what I'll be drinking tonight, guys?

24 bottles of La Trappe Quadrupel and 24 bottles of Gouden Carolus Tripel just arrived courtesy of Kurt at Belgiuminabox (despite the fact that La Trappe is Dutch, but let's not split hairs.

Guess what I'll be drinking tonight, guys?

@eddie, if I may pick your brains, what's the difference between the Carolus Classic and the Tripel?

Recently ordered from Belgiuminabox 24 Gulden Draaks, 6 Carolus Classic, 6 Kwak and 6 St Bernadus Abt 12, have to say the Draak is probably my least favourite, with the St Bernadus my favourite by far.

Unsure what to order next to try,  any suggestions? 

@eddie, if I may pick your brains, what's the difference between the Carolus Classic and the Tripel?

Recently ordered from Belgiuminabox 24 Gulden Draaks, 6 Carolus Classic, 6 Kwak and 6 St Bernadus Abt 12, have to say the Draak is probably my least favourite, with the St Bernadus my favourite by far.

Unsure what to order next to try,  any suggestions? 

​The classic is a dark beer, fruity whereas the tripel is a strong blond with that typically peppery Belgian yeast.

St Bernardus Abt 12 is the original "Westvleteren 12", using the original yeast. The monastery now use the Westmalle yeast and, in my opinion, the beer suffered. The only beer I prefer to St Bernardus Abt 12 is Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel, and there's not a lot in it.

As far as what to try next, how's about Haacht Tongerlo Prior for your next blond, and Grimbergen Optimo Bruno for your next dark?

The Grimbergen Optimo Bruno was one of my favourites out of what I brought back, so a +1 on that recommendation

​Matt where is the peanut butter brown ale from?

​KellenTay Beers in Derby Market Hall. Can't remember the exact price but well worth a look when you're next in Derby - it's a very small shop but they have a good range.

Edited by Coconut

The Grimbergen Optimo Bruno was one of my favourites out of what I brought back was a +1 on that.

​KellenTay Beers in Derby Market Hall. Can't remember the exact price but well worth a look when you're next in Derby - it's a very small shop but they have a good range. 

​I'm over on Friday for a couple of nights, will check it out:D