We are the champions song 1971/2

Alan Ramage 4 EVA

Heard a blast from the past the other day when I tuned in to a radio show covering old BBC theme tunes.

The one that jogged the memory bank was "we are the champions" (NOT the Queen hit) but the theme tune from the kids tv show hosted by Ron Pickering the athletics commentator( NOT the would be bare knuckler you tube road rage dick).

I seem to remember from my distant past school days that Derby County released this as 45 record sung by the players of that time.It was the time when football clubs released records on a regular basis e g "Back home England","Blue is the colour Chelsea","Nice one Cyril Spurs" etc,etc.

Anyone else from the 70`s who knows what a "45" is have any recollections or record collections .:lol:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Heard a blast from the past the other day when I tuned in to a radio show covering old BBC theme tunes.

The one that jogged the memory bank was "we are the champions" (NOT the Queen hit) but the theme tune from the kids tv show hosted by Ron Pickering the athletics commentator( NOT the would be bare knuckler you tube road rage dick).

I seem to remember from my distant past school days that Derby County released this as 45 record sung by the players of that time.It was the time when football clubs released records on a regular basis e g "Back home England","Blue is the colour Chelsea","Nice one Cyril Spurs" etc,etc.

Anyone else from the 70`s who knows what a "45" is have any recollections or record collections .:lol:

NOT this Ron then:

9 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Don't forget the horse......champion.

Christopher the wonder Baird,

Christopher the wonder Baird.

Like a streak of lightning flashing cross the sky
Like the swiftest arrow whizzin' from a bow

Like a mighty cannonball he seems to fly
You'll hear about him everywhere you go
The time will come when everyone will know the name of Christopher the wonder Baird
Christopher the wonder Baird :ph34r:

wonder_bird_by_meggles80-d379dik.jpg

Archived