Sh£t,we won,now what do we do.???

manxramselly

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, manxramselly said:

Try having a little  bit of faith in the people in charge,support our team and every player that wears that shirt,and it will happen.See you at Burton.

Maybe you are right. We should completely ignore bad team selections, formations and tactics and build a shrine to Sir Nigel Pearson who will remain without criticism for the next 3 years. 

Not going to happen though is it? Managers and players come and go but fans remain fans for life. They are always going to have opinions about the club they support and are always going to critise and praise the players and manager. To be fair if I make a mistake at work then I expect to be criticised so no different. 

1 hour ago, JaguarRam said:

Maybe you are right. We should completely ignore bad team selections, formations and tactics and build a shrine to Sir Nigel Pearson who will remain without criticism for the next 3 years. 

Not going to happen though is it? Managers and players come and go but fans remain fans for life. They are always going to have opinions about the club they support and are always going to critise and praise the players and manager. To be fair if I make a mistake at work then I expect to be criticised so no different. 

Not really the same Jaguar, no.

Most of Nigel's decisions are matters of opinion. We may think they're mistakes, he and others may not. Opinion, not the mistakes you may make at your work.

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

Most of Nigel's decisions are matters of opinion. We may think they're mistakes, he and others may not. Opinion, not the mistakes you may make at your work.

If we don't win does that mean he has made a mistake with either the team or the tactics? Or even both?

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

Sorry, disagree. If a decision has been made to play a formation and we play badly and lose then that is a mistake. Not sure how this is different.

Got to admit I'm the first to slag a team selection or certain player off,but have decided this season to let the people who are paid to get us to the premiership to do their job.I love my away days,Burton being the first this season,hopefully of many,and I can't help but feel that our club,with its chairman,recruiting staff and management is really not that far off the complete package.Lets give NP a little time and see what happens,you never know,this time next year we could be having a pint on the old Kent road before the game!

1 hour ago, rynny said:

If we don't win does that mean he has made a mistake with either the team or the tactics? Or even both?

Why rynny? We lose because a ref makes a wrong decision over a penalty or a red card. Why is that the manager's mistake?

Not winning doesn't mean that the manager has made a mistake.

1 hour ago, JaguarRam said:

Sorry, disagree. If a decision has been made to play a formation and we play badly and lose then that is a mistake. Not sure how this is different.

OK we'll agree to disagree

A decision to play a formation or pick a player will be made for many reasons, most of which we as fans will have no clue about - a player may not be fully fit, or have distracting off field problems, be out of form, not hitting fitness targets, not performing in training - any of hundreds of reasons. You and I as fans might think 'that's a mistake, not picking X' because we don't know why the decision is made. Ditto formations - which, let's be honest, most of us have no idea about in a professional football sense - and which may be driven by individual player availability or skill or knowledge or experience or coaching.  None of that makes the decision a 'mistake'.  In the circumstances it might be the right decision.

It might not be a game winning decision but that's different. Sometimes you lose games because the other team is better or a stroke of genius or luck. Doesn't mean that you necessarily made a mistake in originally picking players or formations.

I don't know what you do, but you referred to making a mistake at your work. A customer might think that you have made a mistake because the outcome isn't what they wanted, but you might know that in the circumstances of your business/organisation you made the right/best/only decision you could ie you didn't make a mistake, but the customer didn't like the result.

As you ask Jaguar, what's the difference?

Archived