Football violence of the 1970's and 80's

uttoxram75

22 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

And when did do-gooder become an insult? 

Trouble with this country is too many people want to do good things. 

Wasn't an insult, just a word I used to describe those that can't help but put their perfect views on everything all the time. 

For example, I like reading your posts in 'the pub' because you normally post a different view on tricky subjects but this thread wasn't to discuss anything, it was to share stories.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PrivateDerby said:

Wasn't an insult, just a word I used to describe those that can't help but put their perfect views on everything all the time. 

For example, I like reading your posts in 'the pub' because you normally post a different view on tricky subjects but this thread wasn't to discuss anything, it was to share stories.

Would a similar thread on domestic violence be OK as long as we agree it's wrong? Somehow I doubt it. 

Just now, GboroRam said:

Would a similar thread on domestic violence be OK as long as we agree it's wrong? Somehow I doubt it. 

Well I think most people could share a story or two about domestic violence, why not start a thread?

I bet there's a few on here that have been arrested after their partner/wife made an allegation. 

I've laughed with mates about the time me and my brother finally stood up and put dad in his place when he gave mam a dig. Some of them can remember the nasty brawls I had with my brother I now get on very well with. It's wrong, everyone knows that but what do you do? Pretend it never happened or talk about it? 

21 minutes ago, PrivateDerby said:

Well I think most people could share a story or two about domestic violence, why not start a thread?

I bet there's a few on here that have been arrested after their partner/wife made an allegation. 

I've laughed with mates about the time me and my brother finally stood up and put dad in his place when he gave mam a dig. Some of them can remember the nasty brawls I had with my brother I now get on very well with. It's wrong, everyone knows that but what do you do? Pretend it never happened or talk about it? 

Sounds a great laugh. Did you feel more alive than ever? Would love to hear your stories. Might cause some people to bring back bad memories but as long as we're happy it's all good. 

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Sounds a great laugh. Did you feel more alive than ever? Would love to hear your stories. Might cause some people to bring back bad memories but as long as we're happy it's all good. 

What on earth are you going on about now? 

You asked if a thread on domestic violence would be okay and I said plenty of people on here would probably have a story or two... once again you judge and mock.

You don't like to hear people talking about anything you don't like.

Some people choose to talk about the things that happened and find laughter is the best way to deal with it.

Hope I haven't brought back any bad memories for you mate.

9 hours ago, PrivateDerby said:

Once again the liberal moral dogooders try and decide what others should and shouldn't talk about.

Those times have been and gone. Thankfully nobody wants to be caught up in mass disorder anymore, they go to watch Derby with family and friends. 

Nowadays the trouble makers are well known and are quickly weeded out. 

Like it or not football violence is part of British history, fans have memories of the good times and the bad times and that's what this thread was for.

Don't like it, don't read it...

Still got that poem bout Leeds Utch? 

So if I put up a post saying we should get Paul Jewell in to sort out the team and re-sign Clod to replace Richard 'Always got a Mistake in Him' Keogh and people call me out for the stupidity of my post, are they implicitly liberal do-gooders or meddling in my civil liberties? If not, why are folk not entitled to take issue with this thread, not that I think anyone has particularly?

You can post to your hearts content as far as I'm concerned but if your gonna opinion-chuck then expect a few back matey.That's the whole point of a forum it seems to me.

12 hours ago, 86 points said:

So if I put up a post saying we should get Paul Jewell in to sort out the team and re-sign Clod to replace Richard 'Always got a Mistake in Him' Keogh and people call me out for the stupidity of my post, are they implicitly liberal do-gooders or meddling in my civil liberties? If not, why are folk not entitled to take issue with this thread, not that I think anyone has particularly?

You can post to your hearts content as far as I'm concerned but if your gonna opinion-chuck then expect a few back matey.That's the whole point of a forum it seems to me.

I think they'd be libtard leftists, which is the stock reply which means "I have a different opinion to you but I'm convinced I know best"

On 8/17/2016 at 23:17, i-Ram said:

Slightly concerned that this thread is losing momentum. Perhaps we could widen it out a bit? Anyone got any good stories from the glorious past about workplace bullying (physical stuff obv.), wife beating, or smacking someone around because of sexual or cultural differences? Be great to hear more reminisces from you old boys.

Come on don't you just mean 'banter'?

I've a story I can share with you... Was never involved in much through the years but this story I'm happy to share...

As a 15 year old in 1979 I'm on an away coach with my mate and his young brother, mum and dad and his grandad. Coach picked us up at a pub in Chad... Away trip was to Brighton... I remember this day like it was yesterday...it was just horrible... A group of 5 or 6 Derby fans on that coach made everyone's trip a complete and utter misery from start to finish.. These Yobs started by singing insulting songs at women , quickly graduated to peeing in condoms and letting them off on people's heads. I was trying to do a bit of reading on the trip and they chucked my book out of the window...

Derby lost that game and they resorted to walking around the coach smacking people around the head. My mates dad and grandad were threatened for trying to tell them off... We arrived back in Chad around midnight for a guess. My mates dad was set upon in the car park after we got off the bus..his grandad tried to help as did I and we were punched in the face..I had my eye blackened and lip split...his grandad was very shaken and died a few months later...we reckoned he never really recovered from this day...

Fast forward if we may... A good few years later, I'm not a kid anymore..I'm home on leave from serving in Royal Marines and I'm at an away match v Birmingham City.. Year is 87. I spot two from that awful day years back. 

My mate from Burton is on duty as a copper at St Andrews and I ask a favor...Birmingham used to have a holding pen for arrested hooligans until after the match... My copper friend lifts these two lads and brings them to the pen where I'm waiting for them... I ask them if they remember me..if they remember that day v Brighton on the coach... Rest is history... Only fight ( if you can call it that) I've ever been involved in at football... Wish it all had never happened to begin with but glad I got my moment with them later in Birmingham... 

Funny enough I still see one of them around Derby when I'm back home visiting...he looks like a car wreck these days... Probably 58 ish but looks 75.. 

It would be nice to be hard enough to administer retribution when the circumstances seem 'appropriate'. Not sure what it says about me but its not something I'll be able to test out anyway. But you know what, as much as it could be perceived as wrong, I don't blame you for getting your own back Stockholm. What goes around, comes around. 

38 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

It would be nice to be hard enough to administer retribution when the circumstances seem 'appropriate'. Not sure what it says about me but its not something I'll be able to test out anyway. But you know what, as much as it could be perceived as wrong, I don't blame you for getting your own back Stockholm. What goes around, comes around. 

I wouldn't call me " hard" mate..I've hardly ever had fights my whole life but boy I was cross with those scumbags back then... 

Archived