Time to sell Bent?

DerbyRam!

After today's performance again, need I say more? Get rid, Hendrick too (especially for the price we were offered)...spend that money on a quality player or two!! A new striker!! (or maybe give weimann a chance upfront with Martin? )

And after today's game, shame on those "fans" who stayed behind to shout abuse at each of the players and Pearson as they walked into the tunnel....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

After today's performance again, need I say more? Get rid, Hendrick too (especially for the price we were offered)...spend that money on a quality player or two!! A new striker!! (or maybe give weimann a chance upfront with Martin? )

And after today's game, shame on those "fans" who stayed behind to shout abuse at each of the players and Pearson as they walked into the tunnel....

To be fair they both got injured today

Injured or not, Bent can't win a header to save his life, has terrible ball control and no decent shot, his best attribute - his pace has gone and he contributes absolutely nothing apart from poor ball control.

To be fair to Hendrick, he did cone off early, but when we are being offered so much money for a player who isn't automatically first choice especially when we have Hughes, bryson, Butterfield and Johnson ready and waiting is just too good to turn down when we have other areas we need to improve.

7 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

No chance we'd get a fee for him and no chance anyone would pay the money he's on here. Is he out of contract after this season? 

I don't think so unfortunately, I'd be happy to sell him on a free...good god I'd even swap him for Connor Sammon

3 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

I thought Butterfield was one of the only performers today, he tried, he moved, he linked up play. But he can't do it all on his own. Were you at the game?

Butterfield is an easy target for fans because he isn't one of the "Clough original s." He is one of our best players. If we did sell him before before any of the other dross at the club I would lose all hope.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Butterfield is an easy target for fans because he isn't one of the "Clough original s." He is one of our best players. If we did sell him before before any of the other dross at the club I would lose all hope.

Agree, I'd like to see him get a chance in the middle. He's no more "lightweight" than Hughes or Bryson so that should be an issue.   Butterfield has looked the most likely to do so something so far this season. The improvement at the end of the Brighton game was as much, if not more from Butterfield than Hughes.

19 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Injured or not, Bent can't win a header to save his life, has terrible ball control and no decent shot, his best attribute - his pace has gone and he contributes absolutely nothing apart from poor ball control.

To be fair to Hendrick, he did cone off early, but when we are being offered so much money for a player who isn't automatically first choice especially when we have Hughes, bryson, Butterfield and Johnson ready and waiting is just too good to turn down when we have other areas we need to improve.

Possibly the biggest load of rubbish I have read on this forum.

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Feel free to quote me in a few weeks time, what did he contribute today? Did you even go to the game? 

Once again, he got iunjured in the first 10 minutes today and probably shoulds have gone off. Whilst I am far from his biggest fan, I will defend one of our players when they are being harshly judged.

5 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Feel free to quote me in a few weeks time, what did he contribute today? Did you even go to the game? 

Yes I did attend and he was injured after the first ten minutes and should have been withdrawn...did you see the conversation with the bench when he asked to come off and was told to carry on.

I'm not basing my opinion just on today, but if he was injured(I didn't see him talking to the bench) why was he not allowed off earlier! He seemed to be running around fine and when that one chance came his way, he didn't even come close to taking it.

I love the optimism.

Who's going to buy Bent? I doubt there are any 32 year olds being paid what Bent is on outside of the top divisions. 

If he's not in form, he's not worth anything. If he's not in form, we don't want him.

If you want rid, you're just going to have to suck it up and support him. Try and boost his confidence. 

10 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

I'm not basing my opinion just on today, but if he was injured(I didn't see him talking to the bench) why was he not allowed off earlier! He seemed to be running around fine and when that one chance came his way, he didn't even come close to taking it.

Pearson's interview...."Darren has a ankle problem and could have been replaced earlier but it  did not matter who played up front strikers need service and there was non forth coming hence Martins struggled too.Hendrick has a hamstring injury not sure how serious yet" 

Archived