Signings, Squad and Shape

Derbyram1

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

This season was always going to be a year of transition. Pearson has been brought in to get greater consistency in our performances over a 46 game season to get us promoted and strong enough to survive when we do go up.

This was always going to involve major surgery to the squad as many of the players are not suitable for what he wants to do. This will involve favourites leaving, existing players who do stay adapting and new players coming in taking time to bed in. I have no expectation on this season and accept that we probably won't be in the playoffs but will be in much stronger shape this time next year with players who fit in with what the manager wants them to do.

Everyone needs to stop worrying, accept change & enjoy the ride. If everyone does this we might lose the sense of entitlement that many seem to have, lower our expectations a little & remember that it is not the end of the world if we lose a few games. You never know might even get less moaning & a more positive supportive atmosphere back at the iPro!

If this was going to be a season of transition then Pearson should have been appointed in February.

He has taken over a top 5 team that just needed tweaking, anything less than a 5th place finish this season is a failure. No excuses in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Not all of us Crewe. ;) In fact I wrote a chant but I don't think it'll catch on. 

They said we've got to go for Pearson

I said No, No, No

He's the very man we need now

I said No, No,No

He didn't even start with Hughes

'gainst the gulls, I nearly blew a fuse

They said we've got to go for Pearson

I said No, No, No. :D

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Hahah could catch on mate ? Yea didnt get the whole Hughes situation Pearson must have had a brain fart on that one but got to get behind the boys & manager for me. Cheers mate good to be here ?

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Pearsons early press conferences talked about tweaking. 

If the view from the manager now is that more fundamental changes are needed then it would be good to hear that from the horses mouth so to speak . Just to kill off any hysterical speculation. 

…and that he was a builder of teams.

However Mel stated that the squad "never really had a full season at it" (Clough, injuries and speculation, Clement and injuries). 

Odd. 

Archived