Standing

jimbobram

I was listening to the moan in on Monday and heard one guy complain about not being able to see because everyone was standing in the the South Stand. I also saw West Ham warning fans about banning fans tickets if they carry on standing. 

Why cant fans who want to sit go in another stand. The south stand is meant to be the stand that creates the atmosphere ( Although it wasn't great on Saturday), but we have 3 other stands where the majority sit down. Don't get a ticket in a stand where you know people are going to stand all game and jump around. Also, can't clubs arrange for people who want to sit down at away games to sit towards the front and people who want to stand go towards the back of stands ?? makes more sense. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jimbobram said:

I was listening to the moan in on Monday and heard one guy complain about not being able to see because everyone was standing in the the South Stand. I also saw West Ham warning fans about banning fans tickets if they carry on standing. 

Why cant fans who want to sit go in another stand. The south stand is meant to be the stand that creates the atmosphere ( Although it wasn't great on Saturday), but we have 3 other stands where the majority sit down. Don't get a ticket in a stand where you know people are going to stand all game and jump around. Also, can't clubs arrange for people who want to sit down at away games to sit towards the front and people who want to stand go towards the back of stands ?? makes more sense. 

Is it a safe standing area ! 

Just now, philmycock said:

Also that bloke moaning was borrowing his mate's daughter's ticket or something, then felt the need to ring up and complain. The south stand is there for the atmosphere, supposedly, what a numbskull

Their should be something mentioned at the ticket office to stop this occurring, warning this is the most vocal part of the ground.We can all hope..

Would like to think, after what 3 years or so now of the South Stand, that any Derby fan who has been at least twice in these years would be aware that the majority if not all do stand in the South Stand. To my knowledge the ticket office staff do mention to fans about standing if they see someone that may not be suitable...

In terms of away fans... Few years ago I used to have a block or two etc where we could get all the singers / standers togethers to avoid the upset of fans having to be stood. Worked well and now the club sort this out. When you go to buy an away ticket, online or office or phone, you should be asked to choose what you want. It is not worded standing or non standing as not allowed, unless Burton of course, think it is something like singers / non singing.

Getting bored of saying this time and time again but will do until the god damn thing is implemented in England. We need safe standing!!!

1 minute ago, angieram said:

We always try to find out where our away tickets are so we can stand but some of the staff at the ticket office are less than helpful. 

The buyer should always be asked what they want. See above post. If this is not happening let me know and will feed it back...

24 minutes ago, curtains said:

Is it a safe standing area ! 

Is safe standing actually necessary ? Its not like we all cram in anymore we have a capacity for that reason. I actually think safe standing could make it more dangerous. Lets say safe standing is sold out so people buy seated tickets and then get to the ground and try and push in to the safe standing section. 

3 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Is safe standing actually necessary ? Its not like we all cram in anymore we have a capacity for that reason. I actually think safe standing could make it more dangerous. Lets say safe standing is sold out so people buy seated tickets and then get to the ground and try and push in to the safe standing section. 

Mate that is not going to happen... With the rail seat format it would just be like how it is now except safer with a rail in front of you...

16 minutes ago, therams69 said:

The buyer should always be asked what they want. See above post. If this is not happening let me know and will feed it back...

They will do this if you ask them about singing but for us it's not that simple. We started going into singing section as we like to be high up but we've been shoved around quite a bit by young fans piling in when there's no space left and it's unnerved me a bit. I'm no spring chicken!

So we really like being high and standing but not in the middle of the crush. Awkward, or what? 

Some of the staff will let us see the tickets before we buy, but not many. I do think it's odd that you can choose your seat at the theatre, pop concert but not at a football match. It's a bit medieval.

Safe standing can't come soon enough for me. If it takes much longer I'll be too old to enjoy it!

36 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Would like to think, after what 3 years or so now of the South Stand, that any Derby fan who has been at least twice in these years would be aware that the majority if not all do stand in the South Stand. To my knowledge the ticket office staff do mention to fans about standing if they see someone that may not be suitable...

In terms of away fans... Few years ago I used to have a block or two etc where we could get all the singers / standers togethers to avoid the upset of fans having to be stood. Worked well and now the club sort this out. When you go to buy an away ticket, online or office or phone, you should be asked to choose what you want. It is not worded standing or non standing as not allowed, unless Burton of course, think it is something like singers / non singing.

Getting bored of saying this time and time again but will do until the god damn thing is implemented in England. We need safe standing!!!

They didn't ask me when I got my Barnsley tickets.

24 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

It's not a free-for-all. You would still have an allocated position, and if you are in someone else's spot, then you are likely to be moved.

Archived