Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Aren't Reading in 3rd? Awful turnout tonight. I suppose we've got to hand it to those inside the mad stad though.

Yes they're 3rd at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Hopefully Van Den Berg get yellow tonight as I think he's on 9th yellow at the moment. 

He got booked tonight. Boom! 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

The caption on Sky said it was his 9th booking. Have they got it wrong?

I'm not sure.. On soccerbase it said 9th yellow before tonight so there you go. 

11 hours ago, angieram said:

The caption on Sky said it was his 9th booking. Have they got it wrong?

11 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I'm not sure.. On soccerbase it said 9th yellow before tonight so there you go. 

Technically he has had 11 now, he got 2 yellows (and obviously turning into a red) versus Brighton earlier in the season which mean that the yellows are not counted towards any ban, so is now on "9" for the 2 game ban for 10 yellows.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Reading are what we were a couple of years ago. Batter the smaller teams who come out to attack against them but when coming against any half decent side or a team who sits 10 behind the ball, they don't know what to do!

Neither do we on quite a few occasions this season. I think in some games (Leeds / Wendies and poss Brum) we've got the lead from pretty much nothing after looking like struggling to break them down and that has given us the platform to kick on. Brentford and Wigan at home too we struggled to get any sort of consistent fluidity.

The good thing is though we have been so strong at the back that we always have a chance of winning games when not particularly having it all our own way.

The way that Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool are playing at the minute, all 3 look well set for a top 4 place at the very least, leaving Arsenal and the 2 Manchester clubs to fight for the 4th spot. Still lots to play for but I think this is the season the Gunners miss out on the Champions League.

Archived