Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Alpha said:

Shearer and Dublin think that every striker should play the way they played. 

"Stay central and wait for balls to come in the box. Jaansen is hiding"

Balls won't come in the box because this isn't Villa or Newcastle from years ago. They want him to make an extra winger/central midfielder so they can overload Villa rather than fire balls for Chester to mop up. 

I do fookin hate pundits. Some of them like Townsend and Shearer just want to see teams/players play like their teams did. 

Spurs won't do it because that's not how they play. Deal with it. 

If they get in their stride then I guarantee they'll not say a negative word about Jaansen. 

That pisses me off too. When they suggest they should be playing in a different way or style to what they play week in week out, that'll break this team down. Remember when we had endless debates about what sort of plan b we should use to break teams down? It's not that easy to change from what you know, and, to be fair, most of the time if you keep patiently doing what you're doing, it'll end in a positive result.

But pundits have got to say something to get paid I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Looking forward to seeing Reading tonight. Staam has done a great job..... so far! 

Hopefully Van Den Berg get yellow tonight as I think he's on 9th yellow at the moment. 

Archived