Moving country

South Ram

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of my family have visited & I have extended family living there - around Auckland. The only negative thing I ever hear is that many things (imported) are quite expensive to buy.

Apart from that, everyone seems to love the place.

I was amlost a New Zealander, actually, as my folks were within weeks of emigrating there in the 60's but ended up staying in Blighty due to unforeseen family issues.

Spent 6 months out there September last year onwards, really good. Working visa is about £75. Pretty much like being here but better weather, where about are you going and doing what there?

39 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Spent 6 months out there September last year onwards, really good. Working visa is about £75. Pretty much like being here but better weather, where about are you going and doing what there?

christchurch

Went there, still in a state after the earthquakes not a great deal to because everywheres still on the rebuild. The shipping container shopping centre was cool. 

Country as a whole is good easy to settle there as everyone speaks the same language and they drive on the same side of the road, really easy to travel about all cities (we would call them towns I lived in Gisborne and that was a city of 30k people!) have airports and airnz are good for cheap flights. People are friendly and like people from the UK. living costs are quite high tho food is expensive.

Worst of all beer is expensive and they don't do pints

Archived