Why will Pearson be the difference

Curtains

21 hours ago, curtains said:

Last season was a failure. 

What needs to change from last season  

How can Pearson sort it out. 

Is playing staff status quo an option. 

Thomas,Koblenz,Calero and Shotton have gone but none were 1st team apart from Shotton 

BPO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Alpha said:

So if someone criticises Johnson then that's scapegoating

But if you criticise Martin then that's not scapegoating. You called out Martin. First person to mention him

What's the difference?

Running through the list of Derby players I would have thought a bloke who scores 55 goals in 3 seasons (while also being injured for a chunk of one) and is the first link of our transition to attack would be pretty low down on the To Sell list.

Maybe if 90% of people rate Martin and you don't then it may be you that's missing something? 

That's what I'd think. Myself I think Thorne has been overrated last season but nobody else does so I accept I might be being harsh

Martin would win a lot more people over if he ran faster. Which is exactly why we have a nation of athletes and rely on foreigners for technical ability. Because we think pace is hugely important and really scary.

If it was true then Walcott wouldn't be complete ***** and Iniesta would have won nothing

Iniesta, Xavi, Pirlo etc all defy the principals of British football. We want athletes. We want beasts. Runners full of fire and passion. An Anthony Joshua mixed with Mo Farah. With the Johnny Russell fist pump.

Then left scratching our heads at why we keep losing this TEAM sport to little soft foreigners and their football skills.

Thanks for putting me down. 

2 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

What can Pearson bring,if you dont know Curtains,------NO i am not biting,liked the music David.,,

You raised me up,---The right way--The wrong way---ALL good managers--MY WAY

Is there footy on Mars. 

9 hours ago, toddy said:

Not quite true, if you have pace you don't have to be a Maradona to be successful footie.

If you have both football/finishing skills and pace you are Maradona...............

All the greatest had both.

Why don't teams just buy really fast defenders

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Why don't teams just buy really fast defenders

Simply because there are a lot of John Terry types around.

Like most pacey gifted forwards are special and so are pacey gifted defenders.

6 hours ago, David said:

Bring back Nathan Tyson and Theo Robinson!

#DreamTeam

Theo's goals to minutes ratio in his last season with us was only 7 minutes worse than Gray's this season! Tyson's was substantially better! 

On 01/07/2016 at 15:31, curtains said:

Is it all about the players trying harder. 

Can Pearson get that out of them enough each week to get top 2 or are they just not good enough for that or just not good enough anyhow. They flatter to deceive a lot of the time. 

Fans also scapegoat certain  players.

Martin  can do no wrong though can he. 

Players need to be made more accountable,Pearson may be able to squeeze more out of them,but unity squad moral and confidence certainly can be improved upon from last season,if bloody wales can do it i see no reason why we cant achieve this season

Martin is talented but inconsistent and has spells of mardiness where he disappears. Sorting that out would improve matters. 

Pace alone often makes for a woeful footballer. ....cough.....Tony Daley. ....

Getting clearly identifiable roles for players or moving them out to strengthen squad unity would be helpful eg no more bringing blackman on to try and play in one of about 4 positions. 

And whoever said that they'd been entertained at the ipro the last 3 years must have missed some of the turkeys I've seen. 

20 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Pace alone often makes for a woeful footballer. ....cough.....Tony Daley. ....

I see your Tony Daley, and I raise you...Calvin Plummer. Shudder.

Archived