Ramathon 2016

Mafiabob

I should run in fancy dress more often. Unofficially 1:47/8 around 7/8 minutes faster than my old PB.

£360 quid raised already as well for Tommys.

Well chuffed ?

image.jpeg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done @Mafiabob, great effort.

The Ramathon annoyed me as I had left something at work and couldn't get into the city center to get it, then had to go to Alvaston and had to go the long way and through Allen Town to get there :angry:

33 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I should run in fancy dress more often. Unofficially 1:47/8 around 7/8 minutes faster than my old PB.

Well chuffed ?

image.jpeg

Well done Mafia:cool: don't let @Boycie catch you in that outfit.....

Aaah, nostalgia. Had to have a browse through my old momentos. Last time I ran the 1/2 marathon at Derby was May 23, 1993.  1:25:15 Those were the days. (Sigh)

Hottest race I ever ran in was the Potteries marathon in 2000, a few weeks after my 60th birthday. The temperature was 30-32 degrees (C). A picturesque tour through the delapidated run-down out of use kilns and victorian slums.  Everyone's times were down 20/25 minutes. Several were taken away in ambulances.

Only 7 beat 3 hours, out of 600+ finishers. The winner's time was nearly 20 minutes slower than the course record. Took weeks to get over it. I never really had the appetite for it after that.

5 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Well chuffed ?

image.jpeg

Forgot to add 'Well done'. 7 mins off aPB!

I don't know about you but I always found it easier to run the races than get the 'promised' sponsorship out of their tight little mits.

30 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Forgot to add 'Well done'. 7 mins off aPB!

I don't know about you but I always found it easier to run the races than get the 'promised' sponsorship out of their tight little mits.

Haha! There just the JustGiving totals I think. Got all the collecting to come 

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Man collapsed, and later died. No surprise, worst kind of weather to be running in.

I did it last year, congratulations @Mafiabob, top work.

The weather made for a tough race, I past a few who were receiving treatment, but for organisation and marshalling I thought  it was the best yet.

13 hours ago, bcnram said:

The weather made for a tough race, I past a few who were receiving treatment, but for organisation and marshalling I thought  it was the best yet.

Much better organised this time. Preferred the route more too. 

Its a shame some cyclists can't read signs though especially round cycle path back from Elvaston Castle to Ipro. CYCLE PATH CLOSED FOR EVENT. One guy decided to walk down one part of the narrow lane with his bike right through middle of us. One of these I don't care mentality. 

49 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Much better organised this time. Preferred the route more too. 

Its a shame some cyclists can't read signs though especially round cycle path back from Elvaston Castle to Ipro. CYCLE PATH CLOSED FOR EVENT. One guy decided to walk down one part of the narrow lane with his bike right through middle of us. One of these I don't care mentality. 

Definitely agree on the route, it was more varied (and on those with bikes!!).

Archived