Club Tie

robglosta

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have a club tie that I drunkenly bought from the DCFC barman after we lost to Ipswich on the last game of the 2002/03 season.

Later that night, I was in an Italian restaurant where a certain Mr Ravanelli was eating. He signed said tie and gave the Mrs a kiss. What a smoothie. 

1 hour ago, admira said:

I still have a club tie that I drunkenly bought from the DCFC barman after we lost to Ipswich on the last game of the 2002/03 season.

Later that night, I was in an Italian restaurant where a certain Mr Ravanelli was eating. He signed said tie and gave the Mrs a kiss. What a smoothie. 

Ravanelli in an Italian restaurant in England, what a philistine, that's like having pie n chips in Rome

14 hours ago, robglosta said:

Wonder if that's why Mel got rid of Clement, he preferred a smart tie. 

clement_2679689a.jpg

Me too.

bw-fc982.JPG

13 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Wasn't fussed on the horizontal stripes.

I think a new innovation would be the "Pearson rage level" tie that measures his blood pressure and pulse rate and changes the thickness of the white stripes as he gets closer to blowing a gasket. Mostly black and there's some work for the interviewer to do, mostly white you're getting there.

Then when he goes full ostrich the stripes start moving up the tie like a fruit machine when it pays out. 

"Going full ostrich" ... Class quote for us all to remember ... Cracking turn of phrase Radioactive :thumbsup: 

Yeah but good merchandise helps us make money. I quite like the tie .. Tasteful. Wish we could do a smaller more subtle Ram on the polo shirts .. It would beat a green alligator every time.

On 3 June 2016 at 05:27, robglosta said:

S--t, ain't it? Did we source them from Burtons?

That was the second thing I thought when I saw the broadcast of the press conference.

The first was "oh good, we still have Mel bound and gagged out the back so he can't interfere with Nigel".

Then, unfortunately, the third: "Darn it! Mel IS there. Sitting on the far left of my screen...

But, to answer your rhetorical question: it was a very ordinary, cheap looking tie.

We used to have a reasonable one a few years ago too.

10 hours ago, Derbydave96 said:

Assume Mel didn't wear the tie to show some sort of distinction between him and those involved with football matters.

Rush, Pearson and Powell are the team running the club and he's the owner.

Or maybe he just thought it was a **** tie...

He got sausage fat down it at breakfast...

Archived