DCFC Fans - Season Over Podcast

Day

JaguarRam (Alex) is our guest for this weeks podcast where we look back on our exit from the Play Offs, take look at the potential candidates for the Derby job and the Football League reform.

You can listen to us ramble on through iTunes or online at Podbean which is also available on Android and iOS

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

@JaguarRam, enjoyed your podcast appearance, but your accent puzzled me .

Derby born and bred, or from elsewhere? 

Burton born but moved to Northamptonshire and then Oxfordshire. I am a weird mix of confusing accents that even I can't work out. 

Thank you for your kind words mate. 

2 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Very funny, loved the David ramble and the story behind it, no idea what it had to do with footie, must have missed that part.

@JaguarRam was good value, put him on the return list.

Have you asked B4 yet?

Cheers. Would love to do it again! 

I think @Srgwas the only one with a realistic assessment of the away playoff leg in terms of not looking like scoring from 50 minutes onwards. Glad the absurd late substitutions were criticized. I'm listening to the podcast while watching the playoff final and still fuming at the terrible decisions, or sometimes lack of decisions, that mean I'm on my sofa and not at Wembley. Made worse by Google Now interrupting me earlier today saying, "It's time to leave for the playoff final".

And neither @JaguarRamor @David seemed to have much interest in or knowledge of the academy. The children are our future, lads.;)

But I liked the (subjective Bayesian) idea of putting percentages on the likelihood of transfer and manager rumours. Even if the expectation of Aniechibe coming is frighteningly high, but I recognize no one wanted him here. Hopefully Nigel Pearson's of like mind.

Lots of fun and very interesting to hear the views on the at-this-point unappointed manager. What's with the love for Rowett though? SRG rules out Pearson. David sensible with his assessment that a bad start for Wassall would have been toxic. Jaguar saying of Pearson, "It will never be him", and expecting it to be Wassall. But at least even JR had noticed Wassallwas incapable of changing anything mid-game.

JR right in pointing out the stupidity of the Football League reforms in terms of lost revenues to the clubs, well backed up by SRG. No one mentioning that there's no way the gumps could manage to stay in a 20 team Championship though. David should definitely sell the idea of kit sponsorship in the US to help fund the forum (and pay for his forthcoming holiday).

Had to quit there. Got to make a few phonecalls to the NFL and AFC and make my millions. Sure it ended strongly.

57 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think @Srgwas the only one with a realistic assessment of the away playoff leg in terms of not looking like scoring from 50 minutes onwards. Glad the absurd late substitutions were criticized. I'm listening to the podcast while watching the playoff final and still fuming at the terrible decisions, or sometimes lack of decisions, that mean I'm on my sofa and not at Wembley. Made worse by Google Now interrupting me earlier today saying, "It's time to leave for the playoff final".

And neither @JaguarRamor @David seemed to have much interest in or knowledge of the academy. The children are our future, lads.;)

But I liked the (subjective Bayesian) idea of putting percentages on the likelihood of transfer and manager rumours. Even if the expectation of Aniechibe coming is frighteningly high, but I recognize no one wanted him here. Hopefully Nigel Pearson's of like mind.

Lots of fun and very interesting to hear the views on the at-this-point unappointed manager. What's with the love for Rowett though? SRG rules out Pearson. David sensible with his assessment that a bad start for Wassall would have been toxic. Jaguar saying of Pearson, "It will never be him", and expecting it to be Wassall. But at least even JR had noticed Wassallwas incapable of changing anything mid-game.

JR right in pointing out the stupidity of the Football League reforms in terms of lost revenues to the clubs, well backed up by SRG. No one mentioning that there's no way the gumps could manage to stay in a 20 team Championship though. David should definitely sell the idea of kit sponsorship in the US to help fund the forum (and pay for his forthcoming holiday).

Had to quit there. Got to make a few phonecalls to the NFL and AFC and make my millions. Sure it ended strongly.

You are a smart cookie, Carl Sagan. Longer report please, next time.

Archived