Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is he still? Nothing has been said about him that I've seen (may have missed it) bar his squad number.

Pearson referred to him in post match interview... He said we don't have wingers in the squad apart from Camara and he's injured. Russell is a winger tho,isn't he .. He's certainly not a CF.

5 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Are you being serious?

Yes. West Ham are looking to kick on from last season in their nice new stadium. They want not just EPL standard players but players capable of playing in Europe. Owners will want a team now capable of breaking into the top 6. 

10 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Yes. West Ham are looking to kick on from last season in their nice new stadium. They want not just EPL standard players but players capable of playing in Europe. Owners will want a team now capable of breaking into the top 6. 

Did you actually watch any of their games last season? He won them a fair amount of points, he'd never drop down to the Champ in a million years. Any bottom half Prem club would want him.

28 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Antonio from West Ham I reckon. 

Antonio has shown he's a decent Premiership player and I'd be amazed if he's not a key member of their squad for the coming season, particularly seeing they're involved in Europe.

Some of the names being mentioned are unbelievable!

35 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Did you actually watch any of their games last season? He won them a fair amount of points, he'd never drop down to the Champ in a million years. Any bottom half Prem club would want him.

Yes I did. I rated him before he went to them. I rated him for half the season when he couldn't get a start and when others saw him playing and doing well in the second half of the season and jumping on the bandwagon. Matt Richie could have gone to a mid table Prem team. He didn't. Gayle dropped down too. You make it sound like dropping down a league is permanent. Often a player wants to drop down a league so that they can become indispensable at that club and cement their place when that team goes up. West Ham are a club going places and he might not be part of that future. He's too blunt an instrument in my view for what type of player they want moving forward. The transfer market is volatile. People should get their heads out of the Clough era of signings. 

Also a bid is a bid. An inquiry is an inquiry. Clubs are allowed to do these things. 

1 minute ago, Uptherams said:

Yes I did. I rated him before he went to them. I rated him for half the season when he couldn't get a start and when others saw him playing and doing well in the second half of the season and jumping on the bandwagon. Matt Richie could have gone to a mid table Prem team. He didn't. Gayle dropped down too. You make it sound like dropping down a league is permanent. Often a player wants to drop down a league so that they can become indispensable at that club and cement their place when that team goes up. West Ham are a club going places and he might not be part of that future. He's too blunt an instrument in my view for what type of player they want moving forward. The transfer market is volatile. People should get their heads out of the Clough era of signings. 

And some need to realise we're a Championship club - with ambition yes, but there's a dozen other clubs in the same position this season

Wells would be a good signing, and if we offload Hendrick for 12m (I'm still in shock that price is even touted and don't think he'll go for that tbh) it would be a good piece of business, we'd still have some coin in the bank as well.

Just hope Wells (if he does sign) doesn't miss control his first touch at home... because he'll get the  "A waste of oxygen" and "Pearson mucks it up at the first attempt I see" doing the rounds. 

7 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Also a bid is a bid. An inquiry is an inquiry. Clubs are allowed to do these things. 

Ritchie going to Newcastle is a terrible example, they pay way more than Bournemouth which is why he went there. Also Newcastle are massive especially compared to Bournemouth. 50k fans at home and huge investment going in.

Same goes for Gayle, didn't start a lot for Palace and gets a huge pay rise. How can you not see the difference here? How does this in any way equate to Antonio coming here?

La la land.

Archived