Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

That pays for your television package unless of course some of our players work for Sky in their spare time.

Don't you think Derby get a fee for live matches at the IPRO from Sky and BT Sport of course they do and the Championship / Football League get Premier League TV money as well. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Don't you think Derby get a fee for live matches at the IPRO from Sky and BT Sport of course they do and the Championship / Football League get Premier League TV money as well. 

Yes, so if you didn't have Sky would players not get paid their wages? 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on players but 'I pay their wages' is the most ridiculous argument for it ever.

If you pay their wages can you tell me how much they all earn please?

I wouldn't be object to losing Martin, I'd be more annoyed if we lost Keogh. Keogh starts all of the attacks with his running out of the defence. If we did lose him we'd lose out both offensively and defensively. If we do go with a 4-4-2 which I think we will it makes me wonder where Martin will fit in. It looks like Ince's new found position is behind the front man but Ince plays a lot better with Bent than he does with Martin as Bent stretches the game which gives Ince more time and space. Him and Bent seem to have a telepathic understanding where Ince knows exactly when to play the ball to Bent. In contrast, Martin drops too deep to get involved with the play which hinders both his game and Ince's game as they get in the way of each other. Thus, if we play both Martin and Ince together in a front 2 I don't think we will see the best of either of them. 

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes, so if you didn't have Sky would players not get paid their wages? 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on players but 'I pay their wages' is the most ridiculous argument for it ever.

If you pay their wages can you tell me how much they all earn please?

Your being pedantic as usual. 

If Sky and BT pulled out of Football a lot of Footballers would be redundant that's for sure .

Wages undisclosed as are a lot of transfer fees. 

This is Chris "always top scorer since he joined" Martin we're not bothered about losing? OK. Just so I'm up to speed.

If you can replace a player with a better player, then do it. Big, big call to sell Chris.

Just now, curtains said:

Your being pedantic as usual. 

If Sky and BT pulled out of Football a lot of Footballers would be redundant that's for sure .

Yes because football never existed before Sky and BT did it? Oh no that's right, it had existed for about 110 years.

Pedantic to say you don't pay our players wages? No I'm just being factual. Every time you go in a shop do you judge whether the employees are good enough? After all using your logic you pay their wages too.

4 minutes ago, needles said:

This is Chris "always top scorer since he joined" Martin we're not bothered about losing? OK. Just so I'm up to speed.

If you can replace a player with a better player, then do it. Big, big call to sell Chris.

Fans love a bit of change, but soon after that change they all come to realise grass isn't always greener on the other side. I'm a bit guilty of it at times, but not quite as much as some on here. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes because football never existed before Sky and BT did it? Oh no that's right, it had existed for about 110 years.

Pedantic to say you don't pay our players wages? No I'm just being factual. Every time you go in a shop do you judge whether the employees are good enough? After all using your logic you pay their wages too.

Sorry Mel pays them. 

When Bent and Ince played a lot together on loan two seasons ago (when Martin was injured).....did it not coincide with a series of poor results which eventually saw a final finishing position of 8th having been in the automatics in February?

1 minute ago, Grantona said:

When Bent and Ince played a lot together on loan two seasons ago (when Martin was injured).....did it not coincide with a series of poor results which eventually saw a final finishing position of 8th having been in the automatics in February?

it did, but our defence then was full of holes and Thorne wasnt available. we did score alot then though, just couldnt keep them out. 

2 minutes ago, Grantona said:

It did but don't blame them 2, they scored virtually all the goals....

20 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Not their fault that our defence completely collapsed, all our defensive midfielders got injured, McClaren was linked with Newcastle or that Grant thought that it would be fun to start punching it into his own net . Ince and Bent scored pretty much all of our goals in that period.

If we did sell Martin it's not as if we would stand around twiddling our thumbs, it's obvious that we'd have a quality replacement ready. Ulloa is being mentioned a lot who would be an upgrade on Martin. Ulloa would get 25-30 goals in this Derby team, he knows Pearson and what he expects, works a lot harder than Martin off the ball to put pressure on opposition defenders which would consequently give the rest of our players a breather and has just come off winning the premier league so is full of confidence. This winning mentality would also rub off on the rest of our team. If he is available then it's a no brainer imo. 

Archived