Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

There's a Nahki Wells to Derby rumour circulating on Twitter. £7m. Could just be more twitter rumour nonsense, but would be a good signing nontheless. 

I quite like him, unsure on that price though. Probably nonsense just fabricated on Chris Powell being here though.

12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

There's a Nahki Wells to Derby rumour circulating on Twitter. £7m. Could just be more twitter rumour nonsense, but would be a good signing nontheless. 

Yep, someone said that the players on Pearson's shortlist are Wells, Chester and a winger from the Belgium league(can't remember his name but I saw it last night somewhere)

EDIT: His name is simon moses

Someone who *claims* to be ITK says we're interested in Nahki Wells, James Chester and Moses Simon. Small pile of salt required. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Someone who *claims* to be ITK says we're interested in Nahki Wells, James Chester and Moses Simon. Small pile of salt required. 

without googling, who the hell is Moses Simon?!

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

without googling, who the hell is Moses Simon?!

Nigerian forward, plays for Gent

After googling: He's only 21 

After further googling: Had an article written about him in Oct 2015 (by the Express, so another pile of salt required) saying L'pool and Spurs were interested in him but would have to pay £15m.

If that's true I can't see us targeting him but that's not necessarily true. 

8 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Nigerian forward, plays for Gent

After googling: He's only 21 

After further googling: Had an article written about him in Oct 2015 (by the Express, so another pile of salt required) saying L'pool and Spurs were interested in him but would have to pay £15m.

If that's true I can't see us targeting him but that's not necessarily true. 

But as someone said, this was the same account that linked us to julian draxler, so i somehow doubt it, but you never know... after re reading the tweet they got his name wrong too.. wrong way round :p

The excitement begins ....

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-rams-have-bids-in-for-players-says-manager-nigel-pearson/story-29592331-detail/story.html

NIGEL Pearson has confirmed Derby County have bids in for players.

The Rams have yet to add to their squad so far this summer although the transfer window runs until the end of the month.

Pearson, appointed at the end of May, has been assessing the squad pre-season and he saw his team open the Championship campaign with a goalless draw against Brighton & Hove Albion at the Ipro Stadium this afternoon.

When asked afterwards if Derby had bids in for players, Pearson replied: "Yes, we have got bids in."

Defenders Raul Albentosa, Ryan Shotton and Jake Buxton have left Derby this summer and Burnley are keen to land midfielder Jeff Hendrick.

Pearson added: "My stance on anything regarding players is that we always do what we can to keep our best players and if players do go, they go on our terms, not anybody else's."

I think Pearson was always going to sign at least one. Did somebody mention before that he usually signs players later in the window? I'm pretty sure that was commented somewhere. It would make sense to make rational decisions, sum up the squad and then add to it. That way we can also be confident they are Pearson signings. Clement had a bunch of new signings he probably didn't even want. With the speed that we signed players last summer, Clement may have possibly had a say, but there's no way he could have assessed the squad to see if those players were what we needed. I'm glad Pearson is doing that and it'll take 2 or 3 league games to really understand the squad, friendlies and training won't tell him everything he needs to know. I think as squads begin to take more of a consistent shape throughout the country, we will move for what we need.

i think we should sign at least 3 more players just to berate them. When they are not playing too badly, we can just sit back in our plastic chairs and trout mouth it, arms folded, brewing up for the full blown, steam eared tirade when they misplace a pass. the w*ankers. hate 'em i do, all that money, I should be playing

Archived