Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

11 minutes ago, Simsy said:

its still opinionated. Back then was Antonio that good? I dont think so which is why Wednesday let him go so cheap.

To be fair to Antonio and Wednesday, he was one of if not their best player. It's crazy to think that only 2 years ago, £2m would buy a player like Antonio.

When now, any average Championship player is that, with top players upwards of £10m. You can't be blinded by today's level of fees while looking back at past deals. Keogh would be multi millions if we bought him now, so would Bryson, Russell et al. We paid £2/3m for a striker with 6 months left on his contract for Christ sake!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Nah, that season was when Antonio scored 14 and assisted 12, which led to the move to West Ham. And I probably agree with you that Assombalonga wouldn't go 19 without a goal, but I also can't imagine Assombalonga ever being the player with the most chances created in the league. 

And I'm not sure about that last part, I seem to remember someone posting his scoring stats against top tier and lower tier teams but can't remember who .... @cheron85 possibly?

I did... Martin and Ince... Both contributed fairly well on the 'important goals' tally... Although not sure I checked goals vs the top sides... That discussion was around whether they cope under pressure... And arguably when you provide a winner against a lower ranked team who you are drawing with that is a pressure situation...

I always think we should bear in mind that the better teams tend to have the better defences... And so players like Martin are more likely to struggle with space and time... So you have to be able to get your goals from elsewhere... I bet Butterfield was pretty prolific against the top sides since he's a player given the freedom to drift around the midfield more...

15 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

McCormack set to join Norwich according to reports. I do fear that the top 2 will be gone if they secure him. They've lost no one from their squad, and adding in 20+ goals would surely be enough? 

We're getting left behind in the transfer market in afraid... 

They've lost Redmond and will surely lose Brady soon too. So far they've signed McGovern who's presumably a backup keeper to replace Kean and Canos to replace Redmond. I like Canos, looks a really good player, but he's noway near the level of Redmond or Brady yet. 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

They've lost Redmond and will surely lose Brady soon too. So far they've signed McGovern who's presumably a backup keeper to replace Kean and Canos to replace Redmond. I like Canos, looks a really good player, but he's noway near the level of Redmond or Brady yet. 

Redmond good but in and out of the side until the tail end of the season. Brady will probably go but he'll pay for McCormack by himself. They've still got a ridiculous squad. With probably more to spend.

I think we need to pull the rabbit out of the hat with one big signing. Get the fans buzzing. Because if we go a couple of games without a win, with our fan base, I can see the panic buttons being pressed 

8 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Redmond good but in and out of the side until the tail end of the season. Brady will probably go but he'll pay for McCormack by himself. They've still got a ridiculous squad. With probably more to spend.

I think we need to pull the rabbit out of the hat with one big signing. Get the fans buzzing. Because if we go a couple of games without a win, with our fan base, I can see the panic buttons being pressed 

Not sure we need to change much with the current squad. I reckon Pearson will bring a couple of decent additions in on loan...

4 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

No offence intended here mate, but it seems like you and a few other have already hit the panic buttons due to the lack of transfer activity. I think the only position a big signing could be is up front but we aren't even sure what formation Pearson wants to play yet. We have too many wingers and centre mids and our defence is already good enough so unless somebody leaves, I can't see a lot being spent on those areas.

Like yourself and most fans, I'd love a huge signing to be announced, but I don't think we should be writing the top 2 off just yet because we haven't acted as quickly as some fellow Championship clubs. There's plenty of time left to make signings and there's always a few big Championship transfers that happen later in the window. Gray, Rhodes to Blackburn, Johnson, Butterfield, Assombalonga, Matt Phillips, Nugent and Manga are all fairly expensive transfers that happened in the last few weeks of the window.

53 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

No offence intended here mate, but it seems like you and a few other have already hit the panic buttons due to the lack of transfer activity. I think the only position a big signing could be is up front but we aren't even sure what formation Pearson wants to play yet. We have too many wingers and centre mids and our defence is already good enough so unless somebody leaves, I can't see a lot being spent on those areas.

Like yourself and most fans, I'd love a huge signing to be announced, but I don't think we should be writing the top 2 off just yet because we haven't acted as quickly as some fellow Championship clubs. There's plenty of time left to make signings and there's always a few big Championship transfers that happen later in the window. Gray, Rhodes to Blackburn, Johnson, Butterfield, Assombalonga, Matt Phillips, Nugent and Manga are all fairly expensive transfers that happened in the last few weeks of the window.

I guess some are panicking (maybe me including) but it will be nothing like if we lose a few without any signings, then fingers will be pointed. Especially if certain big name signings excel at their new clubs. 

You are right though, maybe It's daft to write off the top 2 at the moment, I'm sure many teams fans said the same about us after last summer, but it's hard to look past them two at the moment 

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Nobody seem's arsed about Nakhi Wells for some reason.

Younger than Mccormack, most likely cheaper than Kodjia.

Quite a few have stated they're keen and want him as the possibly striker. As of yet though, we haven't been linked officially, hence no thread. But I assure, I am one like minded Ram who would want him here.

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Some might say we don't have wingers at all. Strikers or some kind of forwards playing on the wing though.

6 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Some might say we don't have wingers at all. Strikers or some kind of forwards playing on the wing though.

Oh yeah, I completely agree, but I can't envisage a winger signing unless one or two from Russell, Ince, Blackman, Razza and Weimann leave.

15 hours ago, t'oldu said:

COYR  reporting we want Nugent on loan

I would cry... Think he's the epitome of bang average... Not quick, not that skillful, not mega creative and doesn't score enough goals... Simple equation...

Martin > Nugent

Just now, cheron85 said:

I would cry... Think he's the epitome of bang average... Not quick, not that skillful, not mega creative and doesn't score enough goals... Simple equation...

Martin > Nugent

Agreed.

Perfect back up for Martin.

Archived