Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

7 hours ago, Ram14 said:

Personally I feel we need to get a RB cover/competition, a CB cover, a winger and a pacey striker. Would love Assombalonga. Blair Spittal from Dundee United is a very good young winger. Is Calum Chambers an unrealistic loan signing. Could play RB, CB or CDM although heard Bournemouth are linked

welcome!

Totally agree with the Assambolonga comment think he is the red sides only top player/ only player to make our first 11.

Calum Chambers is unrealistic He will stay in the Prem.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Simsy said:

welcome!

Totally agree with the Assambolonga comment think he is the red sides only top player/ only player to make our first 11.

Calum Chambers is unrealistic He will stay in the Prem.

Assombalonga has started preseason well (or so I'm told by Forest fans at work) doubt he would be cheap, and then there's the likelihood Forest would reject any offer we make, outside of silly money.

Just now, Simsy said:

Totally agree

speaking sense doesn't make someone a red dog- though it is a nice comment from you to welcome a new member.

You think it is a good idea to give our best and consistent striker to our rivals in return for a striker who has only just came back from a terrible injury?

Yes. He is clearly a better striker and would have a chance of getting the golden boot for the Championship if he came to us.

Hate to admit it but I do rate him highly.

Yes he had a huge injury but so did hughes and by all accounts both players have came back looking sharp.

11 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yes. He is clearly a better striker and would have a chance of getting the golden boot for the Championship if he came to us.

Yes he had a huge injury but so did hughes and by all accounts both players have came back looking sharp.

What do you mean his 'clearly a better striker'? He has had half a good season in the championship whereas Martin has had 3 seasons in in the Championship where he has consistently scored and assisted goals.

2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

How is he clearly a better striker? They both have roughly a 2.3 goals to game ratio since signing permanently for their current clubs. Assombalonga has age on his side, but Martin brings a lot more to a team than just goals like Assombalonga does. Martin has 23 assists since signing for us permanently compared to Assombalonga's 1 since signing for Forest. And to top it all off, we got Martin on a free and they had to pay upwards of £5 million for Assombalonga.

5 minutes ago, irobinson said:

What someone who can actually takes good free kicks and scores goals 

3 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Hardly scores that may goals

Wilson, Blackett and Keane supposedly leaving this summer

But yeh... He's hardly prolific so far... 

If it was up to me.... Grant, Baird, Shackell, Pearce, Buxton, Forsyth, Thorne, Johnson, Martin, Camara would all go but that wouldn't happen and many of you won't agree with my Thorne choice but honestly he is injury prone and wouldn't fit a 4-4-2 formation which is what I would hope we go with

Just now, Ram14 said:

If it was up to me.... Grant, Baird, Shackell, Pearce, Buxton, Forsyth, Thorne, Johnson, Martin, Camara would all go but that wouldn't happen and many of you won't agree with my Thorne choice but honestly he is injury prone and wouldn't fit a 4-4-2 formation which is what I would hope we go with

Citing Thorne as the one most would disagree with is a bit cheeky seeing as I'd say at least 4 of those choices are outrageous, I personally disagree with 6 of them.

I do hold a concern over Thorne though and have done for a while. He stayed fit well until the leg break though which has nothing to do with his fitness, just luck, so I think he'll be fine.

5 minutes ago, Ram14 said:

Grant, Baird, Pearce, Buxton, Johnson and Martin I agree with.

Fozzy, Thorne I dont

to Early to sell Camera - needs testing 

Archived