OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am at the stage where I'm dizzy with the whole saga and list of candidates and non candidates ,,, some said they don't want experience but rather ability,,, surely it's the experience that gives us the main clue as to whether said candidate has the ability? So for me perhaps the term experience is more a case of someone having some kind of a track record of doing the job they are applying for so we can 1. See if they appear to be any good at it and 2 , what kind of team/ football style they are inclined towards ,

i for 1 don't want wassell sorry if that offends but he just don't inspire confidence in me of being up to the job ,,

i also don't really want any coach that going to need an older coach to hold his hand or guide him ,,, whoever it is I hope it is someone is confident enough and the board is confident enough that he can do the job in his own right ,,

my no 1 choice was Rogers but I'm kinda glad we didn't get him given he has chosen to manage Celtic in a mic key mouse league ( bear in mind I'm scots) if that's the height of his ambition and the level he chooses to prove himself then perhaps we had a lucky escape,

pearson is the logical choice ( mine too at this point .,, some bloody steel needed at our club to enhance the flair) but seen it said that the logical choice is nt always the right one ,, my guess is the illogical choice is probably far more often not the right one?

Nah lets just bite the bullet and get Pearson apart from it being the logical choice my gut feeling is he would do a bloody good job and I believe long term option given his controversial marmite personality ,,, on that note a certain mr clough senior was no toe the party line Angel ?

mel ,go get him mate , he may be a bit of a nut but he could be our nut and if we can get him passionate about Derby we could just be on to a winner

54 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Pimping yourself out Eddie??

Well, this last week in Brugge I have been rather obsessed with 'bottoms up'

12 hours ago, Reithe glas said:

I don't think there's a huge difference between your view and mine to be fair, but I think you're underestimating the type of football O'Neill produces. He didn't get Celtic to a  UEFA cup final where they were very unlucky to lose to Mourinho's Porto (who won the champions league the following year) by hoofing and kicking. I hope this doesn't sound patronising but I actually think he plays the type of football you want, you've just got him in the wrong category. 

I'm not saying O'Neill's teams aren't effective, or that they entirely 'Route 1' football.  But i don't think they play the attractive attacking style football that i believe (and i might be entirely wrong) Mel is looking for.  That's why i think it won't be him.  But i would rather him to Sherwood, Warnock or Pearson.  Even though the last two have good records in the championship, they are just too odious to be associated with Derby.  I hope. 

6 hours ago, SKRam said:

This is starting to compete with the EU debate.... Loving it, keep going people! Name names!!! 

Quique Setien.  Current manager of Las Palmas, did a great job last season.  His teams play beautiful football......maybe we could get him ?    No experience in English football however, a potential drawback.  

PistoldPete2

I think the longer this goes on the less likely its seems that Wassall will stay as our manager.Mind you its only a week since the season ended seems like longer. 

6 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Quique Setien.  Current manager of Las Palmas, did a great job last season.  His teams play beautiful football......maybe we could get him ?    No experience in English football however, a potential drawback.  

That's not the first Quique......but I've never heard of this one.

I know more about Kiki the frog from Hectors House...... (apologies for 1970s tv reference:))

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

That's not the first Quique......but I've never heard of this one.

I know more about Kiki the frog from Hectors House...... (apologies for 1970s tv reference:))

I'd rather Kiki the Frog than Sherwood to be honest, altthough he would have to be considered a risky appointment. 

42 minutes ago, 24/7ram said:

Sky sports app in the regional gossip part saying the Nottingham post reporting we are in a tug of war with forest over Phil Parkinson hahahaha??????

Quick, let go of the rope...

9 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Pearson spotted in the east midlands, looks like a done deal :whistle:

Pearson looks a no go tbh which is a shame. 

I'd like Rowett if its not Pearson, he's done all right with a average Birmingham team.

The only thing a name does is give him time.

Really a shame this modern day lark, when ex footballer pundits and tabloid football writers are so critical, and football fans buy into what they say, and can see what the fans on the whole are saying through social media. They seem to loose all sense of realism.

Any manager needs time, especially a young manager who might just go on to big big things if he is given that time.

But just like in the case of Wassall, and people like Brown before him, I cant help but think that if the new manager isnt a name which the fans on the whole think is good enough or big enough for their football club, then they will put on so much pressure, meaning in no time at all he will be gone, and we will be starting the same process all over again :(

16 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Pearson looks a no go tbh which is a shame. 

I'd like Rowett if its not Pearson, he's done all right with a average Birmingham team.

Why does he look like a no go?

Archived