OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ColchesterRam said:

Just outplayed Rangers to win the cup though.

That's the 6th time they have played each other this season and they have both won 3 each. Oh and having watched the match, I wouldn't say they outplayed them.

13 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Top flight !  Celtic and Rangers would get relegated if they were in our top flight and would struggle more than Derby to get out of our 2nd tier league. More attractive ! Defences awful and second rate strikers.

They teams are rubbish, granted. The thing is, if they ever (and I sincerely hope they don't) get into the English leagues, with the money they could generate they would get themselves established in the top flight. Doubt they'd seriously bother the top 6 even then though.

Re: Warburton, who needs to defend corners anyway?

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

well his Gers just came from behind to beat Hibs in the Cup Final so perhaps MW sees that as justifying a couple more 0's on his contract...

Your more premature than a 14 year old with his first jazz mag. 

Warburton will not be joining Derby. The challenge to topple Celtic at Rangers is too big of an opportunity to turn down. He has already secured signings for this summer, and planned their pre-season.

Not going to happen in the slightest.

On 20 May 2016 at 02:37, Highgate said:

Not Warnock or Sherwood please. 

Agree although, with Warnock, it's only because he's such a cakehole. The man can manage.

On 20 May 2016 at 00:16, Simsy said:

Did a cracking job at spurs. At the time they were outsiders to get a top 4 finish and he achieved that. Also hes the one who brought harry kane through. Think his win rate is the second best out of the last 10 spurs managers or something? Was extremely unfortunate to lose his job. For villa he wasn't any worse then his replacement they were a sinking ship from day one.

I think so. I would prefer him to anyone else but trying to stay realistic I will  have to wave the unpopular flag for Sherwood!

"Tim Sherwood did a cracking job at Spurs". 

Did you actually say that? Timmy Sherwood is the epitome of a "rah-rah" manager. He got a bounce at Spurs but the players soon worked out that he was utterly lacking in substance. He has little or no tactical nous. He has no noticeable skill in identifying or grooming talent.

Honestly, I can't think of a worse manager in the history of the EPL off the top of my head (although the Poison Dwarf always comes to mind).

I just looked up the odds and, sadly, Timmy is the favourite to be our next manager. That will be the piece de resistance of Mel's managerial decisions thus far if the bookies are right.

I can't attach a picture of the odds as it's "incompatible with my account" so, if anyone's wondering, the highlights are:

7/4     Tim Sherwood

3/1      Gary Rowett

7/2       Darren Wassall

6/1       Mark Warburton

10/1     Neil Warnock

18/1      Steve Bruce, David Moyesto 

20/1       Nigel Pearson, Paul Ince, Jimmy Floyd Hassalbaink

22/1       Harry Redknapp, Quinque Flores

25/1       Igor Stimak, Garry Monk

33/1       Steve McClaren, Ian Holloway, Paul Lambert

40/1       Glenn Hoddle, Sean Dyche, Gary Neville.

Based on those odds, our next manager will, you'd have suggest, will be one of Sherwood, Rowett, Warburton,Warnock or Wassall.

48 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Warburton will not be joining Derby. The challenge to topple Celtic at Rangers is too big of an opportunity to turn down. He has already secured signings for this summer, and planned their pre-season.

Not going to happen in the slightest.

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole after watching his side defend today. Christ 

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

That's the 6th time they have played each other this season and they have both won 3 each. Oh and having watched the match, I wouldn't say they outplayed them.

Cheers for the info. Il have to remember not to make any tongue in cheek comments about Alan Stubbs again anytime soon Plymouth.

11 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Unlikely I know but I wouldnt say no to Quinque Flores. There don't seem to be any outstanding candidates who fit both "the derby way/ "playing the right way" AND good recent track record 

I like him. But others elsewhere have described him as a bit journeyman. 

On 20/05/2016 at 18:21, Rampage said:

It's down the road from me in Lancing, close to Shoreham airport and looks quite impressive. You have to drive through chavland to get to it mind.

3 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Warburton did say in an interview yesterday that if Rangers win the cup they would have European football and this would help to attract better players. Well it as not happened because Hibs just beat Rangers in the final. Mel and Sam will be arranging their meeting with Mark Warburton very soon I thinks.

Games been over for a couple of hours. Has he signed yet?

Archived