Play off dates

Russell Ram

1 hour ago, Jortat said:

I'm off for both of those already so all bases covered and the Final weekend also booked off in advance . I have complete faith ?

Niceeeeeee. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hotel booked for the Friday night 27th, so we can soak up the wembley atmosphere!!! (Free cancellation just in case :ph34r:)

if we play like we have done of late we will be fine :) play like we did at Cardiff & I will be cancelling hotel for sure! :(

27th May I'm at Newcastle/Sunderland for a night then I'll wait for 2nd leg to see if we're through to the final so I'll able to book hotel and train. :) 

6 minutes ago, DCFCDowd said:

Hotel booked for the Friday night 27th, so we can soak up the wembley atmosphere!!! (Free cancellation just in case :ph34r:)

if we play like we have done of late we will be fine :) play like we did at Cardiff & I will be cancelling hotel for sure! :(

Good prices I hope? 

4 minutes ago, DCFCDowd said:

£76 family room (did I mention free cancellation!!) room only 

Bargain that and yes you did lol. Where about is this? 

14 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

27th May I'm at Newcastle/Sunderland for a night then I'll wait for 2nd leg to see if we're through to the final so I'll able to book hotel and train. :) 

Confused you are up north the night before the play off :blink: final & you are waiting to see if we get through? All trains/hotels will be booked up by then :o

perhaps a date error has occurred!!

10 minutes ago, DCFCDowd said:

Confused you are up north the night before the play off :blink: final & you are waiting to see if we get through? All trains/hotels will be booked up by then :o

perhaps a date error has occurred!!

England playing Australia at Sunderland on 27th May lol. 

3 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

What is this game being advertised on WeareDerby? 11pm on the 21st?

Derby County v (POS) TBC

SkyBet Championship, iPro Stadium

21 May 2016

Sat 23:00

Probably typo

Mathematically we could still be Match A or Match B and Home or Away in the first leg. The club obviously wants to give the fans ample time to secure their tickets (quite right too!) so they have put them on sale with the opponent to be confirmed. my guess is that the computer will not allow tickets to be generated with blank Date and Time fields so they have entered a date and time which are patently nonsense to avoid anyone thinking it is the actual time.

It would be an interesting concept to play a Play-off match at 11pm on a Saturday night but the club staff and the police might have something to say about it.

We've bought our tickets, but as I'm sure Bwash_Ram is alluding to it does feel weird buying tickets for a game against an unknown opponent on an unknown day at an unknown time. Still, if we win by an unknown number of goals I will sink an unknown number of pints.

1 hour ago, OohMartWright said:

Mathematically we could still be Match A or Match B and Home or Away in the first leg. The club obviously wants to give the fans ample time to secure their tickets (quite right too!) so they have put them on sale with the opponent to be confirmed. my guess is that the computer will not allow tickets to be generated with blank Date and Time fields so they have entered a date and time which are patently nonsense to avoid anyone thinking it is the actual time.

It would be an interesting concept to play a Play-off match at 11pm on a Saturday night but the club staff and the police might have something to say about it.

We've bought our tickets, but as I'm sure Bwash_Ram is alluding to it does feel weird buying tickets for a game against an unknown opponent on an unknown day at an unknown time. Still, if we win by an unknown number of goals I will sink an unknown number of pints.

There's no "mathematically" about it for match A and B. Those designations do not refer to league position - once the matches have been determined it is Sky that will decide which is to be called A or B.

I complained that because we're almost certainly at home in the first leg, there's a 50:50 chance we'll be at a disadvantage versus the other three teams because of the lunchtime kickoff (and lack of atmosphere that results). Conversely, I really like the idea of an 11pm start - that's what I call an evening kickoff and a game under the floodlights!

I have just purchased my ticket for the Home Leg of the semi-final and the ticket states "Date and Time TBC".

The DCFC office informed me the ticket is valid for either the Friday evening game (13th May) - designated 'Match A', or the Saturday lunchtime game (14th May) - designated 'Match B'.

However, they did not know (as of 1.00 pm this afternoon), which teams would be playing in which designated 'Match'.

The Away Legs will be played on Monday evening, 16th May - for those in 'Match A', and Tuesday evening, 17th May - for those in 'Match B'.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

There's no "mathematically" about it for match A and B. Those designations do not refer to league position - once the matches have been determined it is Sky that will decide which is to be called A or B.

That's right, of course, but what I was trying to say (obviously not very well!) is that as things currently stand our home leg could be on any of the four dates. It is still mathematically possible for us to overtake Hull, thus playing the home leg second, meaning that it would be on the 16th or 17th at the whim of Sky.

Archived