player rating surveys - ive had to shut down. - but now its up and running again.

davenportram

hi all. Just wanted to say that with issues regarding lost data I've had I'm not going to be able to restore my spreadsheet with all the data.

with it being close to the end of the season in going to stop doing them as I have fallen too far behind

when i had my spreadsheet it took 5 minutes to set up and 5 minutes to create the graphs afterwards. Without it each one is taking far too long to do.

I will be dedicating time once I break up for the six weeks holidays to create a new spreadsheet which will mean next season will be fine to start again. If demand is there.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've failed us all, davenport.

I've been enjoying putting my ratings in seeing where I stand, so I'm certainly up for it next season too. 

It's good to see what people think and if they have the same opinion then searching through pages trying to average the amount up in your head.

Would be good to have it back was interested in Bolton and Hulls ratings too!

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

hi all. Just wanted to say that with issues regarding lost data I've had I'm not going to be able to restore my spreadsheet with all the data.

with it being close to the end of the season in going to stop doing them as I have fallen too far behind

when i had my spreadsheet it took 5 minutes to set up and 5 minutes to create the graphs afterwards. Without it each one is taking far too long to do.

I will be dedicating time once I break up for the six weeks holidays to create a new spreadsheet which will mean next season will be fine to start again. If demand is there.

Disappointing but not your fault! Cheers for putting in the effort!

How did you end up losing the data anyway? Dead hard drive?

40 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Disappointing but not your fault! Cheers for putting in the effort!

How did you end up losing the data anyway? Dead hard drive?

blue screen of death, whatever I do it wont start up. Just thought of a way I might be able to get it back.

I really enjoy doing the ratings survey and comparing the results. So, regardless of whether you manage to rescue this season's spreadsheet I hope you are able to go again next season. 

Sorry , I don't do the sarcastically cool stuff very well so I say what I mean. Thank you for all your hard work to date. 

4 hours ago, davenportram said:

You are an excellent dude davenportram.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I really enjoy doing the ratings survey and comparing the results. So, regardless of whether you manage to rescue this season's spreadsheet I hope you are able to go again next season. 

Sorry , I don't do the sarcastically cool stuff very well so I say what I mean. Thank you for all your hard work to date. 

Obviously you also need to thank the poster who came up with the idea too,

Whoever that may be. 

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

blue screen of death, whatever I do it wont start up. Just thought of a way I might be able to get it back.

Ouch, not what you want.

Might help in future if you use Dropbox or google docs? Always a recoverable version then

2 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

Ouch, not what you want.

Might help in future if you use Dropbox or google docs? Always a recoverable version then

yeah. I've got the file in an external hardrive now. I thought id put it on my onedrive but it didn't.

I have got stats up to Forest done - had to go all the way back to the MKDons game.

3 hours ago, sage said:

I think he had it all along and just wanted to feel some love. Drama queen. :ph34r:

It was on a hard stuck in a knackered laptop - but thanks to a post on here I thought the hard drive isn't knackered so I whipped it out and shoved it in a special slot and hey presto it was reborn. And I spent about 3 hours last night making a complete new spreadsheet from scratch that automates everything for me apart from entering the votes. Should be a lot quicker for me next season - added in things like recording goals scored, red and yellow card tallies etc.....

Get over to the Survey thread to see a full rundown of Wassall's time at the helm, the season as a whole and a preview of what next seasons database will be like ( i might even add some new stuff before next season starts)

Archived