The promotion picture

It looks like Burnley, Boro and Brighton are all safe in the top six, and on current form you'd expect the two automatic promotion spots to come from this trio.

At this stage, who do we think are the most likely teams to take the remaining three places?

Hull have been inconsistent in recent weeks but I still think they will be fine. I also think Wednesday are playing well enough to stay in the top six.

Which brings us to Derby.  I don't think any of the teams below us are that great, but Cardiff in particular are running into some form while we have been indifferent or just outright bad since Christmas.  It's only our strong start which means we are still in the top 6 at all and I fear we will be overhauled in the next couple of weeks and will then fade into upper mid-table mediocrity.

So my final top 6 is:

Burnley, Boro, Brighton, Hull, Cardiff, Wednesday

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's a question of panic. I just think that looking at our recent form and performances objectively, we are going to struggle to hold off our challengers for the final play off spot unless we see some improvement. And after losing at home to Birmingham and the MK Dons and being held to a draw by Reading and Preston since the turn of the year I'd hardly say the iPro is an impregnable fortress.

I would be amazed if we got into the play offs and even more amazed if we got through the first leg if we did scrape in. this season has been an aberration. MM has ballsed up monumentally.  I don't give a flying f. How successful a businessman he may be  but he has been an absolute disaster for the club with his interfering and  weird and bad decisions this season. I only hope he learns from this and does not continue for next season. In all my years of supporting the Rams this must rate very highly as one of the weirdest and most disappointing in terms of the potential of what it could have been and how it looks like ending up. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 

1Bora

2 Brighton

3 Burnley

4 Hull

5 Sheffield Wednesday 

6 Derby County 

we turn it on in the play offs vs Burnley as we owe them get to Wembley play Sheffield Wednesday we are awful but win luckily then mess ourselves thinking about the next season, I have had this scenario for far to long!

I can recall the overwhelming feeling of bliss as we sailed through the play offs 2 years ago. Sparkling football, 10 out of 10 performances all over the pitch. Only had to turn up at Wembley against an out of sorts QPR  that were full of under performing big name charlies that had scraped into the play offs who then managed to somehow beat a fancied Wigan. The rest as they say is history. What price us being this years QPR?

I hope we do a QPR i really do & someone unexpected like Bent in the 90th after not having a kick all season or johnson after his poor run of form suddenly becoming the hero

i just cant see it though our lads really need to start turning it on

I think if we have been reliant for some time on either Wednesday losing form and/or no-one in the pack a few points behind us putting a run together if we are to stay in the top six. It's been obvious for a while that the top four are better sides than us, even though man for man we should arguably be able to compete with anyone in this division with our squad.

Unfortunately, Wednesday seem to be pretty consistent and Cardiff have began to emerge as this year's late bolter, so unless we can up our game I think we will just miss out now.

Sith Happens
17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

1Bora

2 Brighton

3 Burnley

4 Hull

5 Sheffield Wednesday 

6 Derby County 

we turn it on in the play offs vs Burnley as we owe them get to Wembley play Sheffield Wednesday we are awful but win luckily then mess ourselves thinking about the next season, I have had this scenario for far to long!

we couldnt turn a tap on.

5 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I hope we do a QPR i really do & someone unexpected like Bent in the 90th after not having a kick all season or johnson after his poor run of form suddenly becoming the hero

i just cant see it though our lads really need to start turning it on

That's the problem though isn't it we couldn't even generate an inspired performance against out local rivals at home if we can't get motivated for that match then it's not likely that we will suddenly start churning out stellar performances 

Archived