Mel Morris & 2016/17 Season

BBG83

On 4 April 2016 at 21:41, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Looking at the bigger picture we have a great club.

The training ground is superb and will be one of the best in europe. Our under 21's are top of the second division with one game to go. We have a great stadium which, not withstanding the baseball ground nostalgia, is the envy of many. Our commercial enterprise is first class, our turnover therefore very healthy.  Our support is immense, we have already sold 19,000 season tickets for goodness sake. We have a local man in charge worth 800m. 

Its true we all feel a little frustrated with the first team at the moment (some more than others) but we are a top six side and have a talented squad. In my humble opinion Mel will get this right. The missing piece of the jigsaw cannot be far away.

Up The Rams!

The return of the pasty prodigy is nigh...

image.jpeg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/04/2016 at 20:31, VulcanRam said:

That's a contradictory statement.

You can still be a supporter and choose not to renew or go to games for many a reason or a condition. Plenty on this board fall into this category.

Why can't support be conditional? While I go to all the home games, going to away games has ebbed and flowed over the years depending on many conditions. Yet my support for the club hasn't changed.

Definitely not a contradictory statement - your interpretation of what I actually said is incorrect. I was referring to the choice between renewing and walking away. 'Walking away' is not intended to imply being unable to attend because of other commitments, job-related, family-related, location-related or any reason like that - it was intended to imply "I'm not going because they are not worthy of my support, and won't be until they are performing better, therefore I make a conscious choice to turn my back on the club".

You know, like the 7,000 who stopped going in the few seasons after relegation from the Premier League. We weren't good enough for them to bless us with their attendance, but a few wins under McClaren and, hey presto, back they were.

13 hours ago, eddie said:

Definitely not a contradictory statement - your interpretation of what I actually said is incorrect. I was referring to the choice between renewing and walking away. 'Walking away' is not intended to imply being unable to attend because of other commitments, job-related, family-related, location-related or any reason like that - it was intended to imply "I'm not going because they are not worthy of my support, and won't be until they are performing better, therefore I make a conscious choice to turn my back on the club".

You know, like the 7,000 who stopped going in the few seasons after relegation from the Premier League. We weren't good enough for them to bless us with their attendance, but a few wins under McClaren and, hey presto, back they were.

Twas always thus Eddie.

I don't know if this has gone the rounds on this forum, but I've not seen it before. It came to my attention having a bit of a glance round Forest's Forum, of all places. At least one guy there is envious and appreciates what Mel's brought to this club.

There's twelve minutes of it, but for the uninitiated (like me) it's eye-wateringly impressive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35947146

Archived