Bring In The Kids

Given there seems to be a overwhelming sense across the forum that this season is fast dwindling away and we will miss the playoffs, would it be too controversial to suggest that blooding 2 or 3 youngsters might actually be the right thing to do?

Should we give the likes of Zanzala, Rawson and Calero a run between now and the end of the season alongside Hanson?

Obviously not all together but would Calero be any worse than Johnson on the left? Rawson could come in for Shackell and Zanzala on the bench in place of Bent.

It might just inject a bit of enthusiasm and passion back into the team right now and put some over paid lazy mercenaries in their place.We would also learn something for next year and Mel would be in a state of orgasmic rapture at having some academy players in the first team. It might even create a more positive atmosphere towards the team in the short term.

Would it be any worse than the dross being served up right now? 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let the senior players bare the brunt of the fans frustration until the play offs are out of reach, after all it's their efforts that have contributed to us being in this position.

Watching the Villa game yesterday, I wouldnt be suprised to see our last few games played in a similar atmosphere, which would be terrible to drop our youngsters into.

If it becomes clear that the play-offs are gone, fans would hopefully go a lot easier on the kids and it may give us something to look forward to for next season.

2 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

why does everyone become resigned to "we're missing the playoffs" the second we lose a game? we've got 7 games left, 4 of which are at home.. given our record at the ipro we're surely still favourites for 6th place? 

I'm not resigned to it, just literally have no idea if we'll do it or not!

It's hard to tell what level of performance we'll come up with next, we've seen it all under Wass so far.

19 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

why does everyone become resigned to "we're missing the playoffs" the second we lose a game? we've got 7 games left, 4 of which are at home.. given our record at the ipro we're surely still favourites for 6th place? 

I was resigned to it once we put wassall in charge. Not now 

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Let the senior players bare the brunt of the fans frustration until the play offs are out of reach, after all it's their efforts that have contributed to us being in this position.

Watching the Villa game yesterday, I wouldnt be suprised to see our last few games played in a similar atmosphere, which would be terrible to drop our youngsters into.

If it becomes clear that the play-offs are gone, fans would hopefully go a lot easier on the kids and it may give us something to look forward to for next season.

Agreed. To bring in young, untried players (no matter how much talent and potential they might have) could do untold damage in the current poisonous environment where an extremely vocal (but in my opinion) small section of fans would soon be on their backs after the first mis-placed pass or missed chance! There are signs that it's already happening with Jamie Hanson.

54 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm not resigned to it, just literally have no idea if we'll do it or not!

It's hard to tell what level of performance we'll come up with next, we've seen it all under Wass so far.

Don't agree with your last comment - when have we seen anything remotely resembling a free-flowing performance in 2016? I can't think of one - wins yes, but wins with style and purpose - no.

8 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Don't agree with your last comment - when have we seen anything remotely resembling a free-flowing performance in 2016? I can't think of one - wins yes, but wins with style and purpose - no.

From half time till the 82nd minute vs Rotherham we were excellent. 

Clutching at straws, definitely. 

I don't think I would start them quite yet, but would definitely get them on the bench to replace some of the overpaid, useless dross that we have their just taking up seats.

1 hour ago, mike93rh said:

It isn't just one game though - we have been poor for a while and 4 of those 7 games are against Hull, Brighton, Ipswich and Shef Wed all of whom we will struggle against. We have Bristol City who we hammered 4-0 earlier in the season, but that is away and we seem incapable of putting in a good away performance anymore. The other two are Charlton and Bolton both of whom we have failed to beat this season.

1 hour ago, mike93rh said:

We are probably worse than this time last year...

Give up and play the kids with 7 games to go? No chance.

Whilst we're all pretty deflated by the way this season as gone we don't just write off the season even if you believe we won't win it.

The extra revenue from the play offs will help us out for next season FFP

17 minutes ago, David said:

Give up and play the kids with 7 games to go? No chance.

Whilst we're all pretty deflated by the way this season as gone we don't just write off the season even if you believe we won't win it.

The extra revenue from the play offs will help us out for next season FFP

No one will go because Wassall will be in charge? Amirite?

6 minutes ago, David said:

Help me out here, whaaaat?

No one will attend the playoffs because of who the manager is, just like the plebs who won't buy a season ticket.

But... of course they will. Having a moral stand point doesn't count when chance of glory

Just now, Srg said:

No one will attend the playoffs because of who the manager is, just like the plebs who won't buy a season ticket.

But... of course they will. Having a moral stand point doesn't count when chance of glory

Oh, good point well made. Be interesting to see how many seats are available to move into on the 6th for my relocation appointment.

I understand that Chelsea are bringing on the kids as they are actually pretty darn good players, most of first team was away on international duty and they have nothing to play for.

But us? No thanks, 2/3 different situation. Are our youngsters good is debatable and could make it 3/3.

Archived