If the season ended today

Warren Hobhead

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh

Carson

Butterfield.

I think Shackell's defensive work has got us out of trouble a lot of times, and I'm not one of those suggesting we should drop him, but I just hate watching him with a ball at his feet. I'm sorry. We just can't play as attractive football with him in the side, and I'd sacrifice a few goals conceded just to stop watching him take 10 minutes to kick the ball 5 yards over Ince's head and out for a throw-in.

Christie seems to be getting a mention for not being as poor as last season. He still passes to wingers when they're heavily marked and runs past them. He still plays so narrow that he almost goes more central than Keogh. And by his admission, he's still learning the position. I think some over do it with the Christie criticism (Christiecism), we have other weak points that need sorting out first. 

1. Christie

2. Keogh

3. Shackell

We've been far better defensively this season than offensivley, so no surprise to see 3 defenders. All 3 are pretty close for me and can all make claims to the title, however, Christie's improvement sets him apart for me. His attacking intent has also made him a valuable member of the team.

Cant vote Shackell because he kills us on the ball. 

Think it's unfair on Keogh to say that Shackell has improved him. Keogh has had a fair hand in improving Keogh. 

In fact without Keogh I'm not sure how the ball would ever get passed out from the back. So I'd say Keogh does plenty for Shackell! 

Keogh was the only solid in an ever changing back line last season. It's helped him having stability. And confidence. 

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

Cant vote Shackell because he kills us on the ball. 

Think it's unfair on Keogh to say that Shackell has improved him. Keogh has had a fair hand in improving Keogh. 

In fact without Keogh I'm not sure how the ball would ever get passed out from the back. So I'd say Keogh does plenty for Shackell! 

Keogh was the only solid in an ever changing back line last season. It's helped him having stability. And confidence. 

If anything - I'd like to see if Keogh could improve Shackells distribution a bit.

Keogh - then probably Carson and Christie ...

But what this thread shows is how few individuals have had a good season for us, and since we haven't looked much like a team either it's incredible we are even in a playoff spot! 

31 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

If anything - I'd like to see if Keogh could improve Shackells distribution a bit.

Pshaw. Shackell's above such nonsense.

Archived