Infantino new FIFA President

AmericanRam

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

until someone wants to run FIFA as a non-profit organisation, it'll always be open to criticism and accusation of corruption 

I know why you say that Mostyn but there's no such thing as a non-profit organisation anywhere, just those that refer to profits as 'surpluses' or 'reinvested in the organisation' or 'charitable donations' rather than being honest about profits i.e. more income earned than expenditure spent. In itself there's nothing wrong, indeed everything right, about an organisation running itself in a profitable way

Is it really impossible for an organisation to make a profit that they can then use for the greater good of their organisation and its ethos and in a way that is honest and open?  Not if you have honest and open people running it in a transparent way, governed by rules and policies that match the expectations of the wider community involved in the undertaking - which is where FIFA have conspicuously failed over many years.  Too much corruption, too many dishonest people in an organisation without the policies and practices to enable such activity to be stopped.

I really do hope that Mr Infantino is the man to stop and change history, just as, in another sport, I hope that Seb Coe can do the same with the IAAF.  Same problems plus doping

The African candidate pulled out - might be that he did and threw his support behind the guy who came second. Think it's pretty much guaranteed that Infantino got either the vast majority, or all of the uefa vote.

Infantino was smart though - promising to up the WC to 40 teams, and give more £££ to national associations. That will likely have pulled in votes from the smaller confederations. 

I really don't know much about Infantino, but looks like most people seem to be happy with him. 

Archived